Post-Game Talk (GBU): Down goes the desert dogs

Derg12

Mar 12, 2014
Ugly: Arizona. What the heck is that lineup? And they have nothing big coming in the pipeline. What a mess. Domi is counting his blessings in Montreal every day.

Doesn't Chayka divine roster moves based on whatever his analytics 8-ball tells him?

Reactions: Fearnot

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Doesn't Chayka divine roster moves based on whatever his analytics 8-ball tells him?

Bad luck in draft land. Picked Strome instead of Marner. Lottery could have given them McDavid or Eich.

That team would be pretty good with a superstar Center.

He actually has done a good job of adding assets and young depth talent.

But that Strome pick really screwed them.

Reactions: kummelweck

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Good: Tied for 3rd in the league in points, and only 1 point out of second. All the teams at the top (besides WPG) have the same # games played too.

That’s insane.

What’s even crazier is we have only truly played bad in a few losses. It seems like more because when we’ve been bad this year we’ve been BAAAAD, but if you look at it from game to game we held the lead or have been in even half if not more the games we’ve lost. Not sure how...

I think it’s also because in seven of our wins we’ve trailed after two periods, and finishing dead last the year before ...it takes awhile to brush off the we suck stigma.

Jim Carr's Rug

Jan 16, 2006
Denver
Re the jack boarding:
That player had the puck, head up, saw jack coming, and turned into the boards. Unless something has changed recently, the league has said its onthe puck carrier not to put himself in a vulnerable position where possible.

Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
I wanted Larsson and Beaulieu shot into the sun...they're making me look like a fool this season.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
So I caught the full replay of the Bogo v Panik situation.

Everyone in that video is scared. Cept Bogo.

Panik is scared as soon as he realizes who and what he cross checked. The ref and linesman are scared for Panik and careful not to get hurt by a rabid dog. Hutton looks scared for Panik as Bogo gets up.

Bogo scared me thru the tv.

I’m gonna talk myself into wanting Bogo to design next year. I can’t believe I’m even thinking about it.

Deleted member 27798

I didn’t even realize Galchenyuk or Keller were playing. I mean I don’t pay attention to the other team much but I don’t think I heard their names the whole game
Galchenyuk didn’t play.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
So I caught the full replay of the Bogo v Panik situation.

Everyone in that video is scared. Cept Bogo.

Panik is scared as soon as he realizes who and what he cross checked. The ref and linesman are scared for Panik and careful not to get hurt by a rabid dog. Hutton looks scared for Panik as Bogo gets up.

Bogo scared me thru the tv.

I’m gonna talk myself into wanting Bogo to design next year. I can’t believe I’m even thinking about it.

bogo back on about a 1 mill contract is fine, Someone will outbid that.

I really like the player and person when on ice and I'm sure he brings a ton to the room. His contract is obviously a burden. I'd welcome him back on a much smaller deal especially if we are wheeling and dealing and guys like nelson and guhle are up for grabs.

None of this is realistic however.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Pominville is downright useless off of the top line. I would be shocked if there is a player in the NHL that is weaker on the puck.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
bogo back on about a 1 mill contract is fine, Someone will outbid that.

I really like the player and person when on ice and I'm sure he brings a ton to the room. His contract is obviously a burden. I'd welcome him back on a much smaller deal especially if we are wheeling and dealing and guys like nelson and guhle are up for grabs.

None of this is realistic however.

He definitely is getting a haircut.

If he plays 70+ games both this year and next, and puts up around 20 points, what is he at? 2 years 4 million a year.

He will get hurt and I’ll forget this fever dream. But for now a world where Bogo is a good enough top 4 guy enforcer is something I want to keep.

Reactions: DJN21

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
He definitely is getting a haircut.

If he plays 70+ games both this year and next, and puts up around 20 points, what is he at? 2 years 4 million a year.

He will get hurt and I’ll forget this fever dream. But for now a world where Bogo is a good enough top 4 guy enforcer is something I want to keep.

I agree

He also seems to be someone the younger guys look up to, which is big.

We’ll certainly need him around in the coming years once the other older dogs (Pominville, Berglund,Sobotka) are taken out back

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Pominville is downright useless off of the top line. I would be shocked if there is a player in the NHL that is weaker on the puck.
He stopped being very useful *on* the top line as well, that’s why he’s not on it anymore. This is what he does in each of the last few years. Hot start, gets everyone pumped up about the Pommer of old, and then it just fades into not very much.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Good all around team game. Scoring from multiple lines, offensive threat from multiple lines.
Playing the body more, which worked.

Okposo Dozer I likey.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Didn't catch the game, because of my kids' winter concert at school, but judging by the condensed game on YouTube:

~ With a bit of puck luck, this could have been a 4 to 1 or 5 to 1 victory. Pretty dominant display, ringing multiple shots off the pipe.
~ Girgensons for unsung hero. Just give him the award now.
~ Hutton looks so cool and composed, even when giving up a juicy rebound. The goal against was well placed. A goalie typically expects wraparounds to be tight to the pipe, and he was there in time.
~ Dahlin's defensive play was lacking a bit. He looked tired.
~ Reinhart's saucer pass on the Skinner goal. Holy hell.

Reactions: Graves

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Had to look it up because I didn't believe you, but yup, we're both 3rd in the league and also 3rd in our division.

Gotta love that, if the season ended today, the NHL's stupid playoff format would pit 2 of the top 3 teams in the East against each other in round 1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad