Post-Game Talk (GBU): Down goes the desert dogs

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
He hasn’t even heated up either. Wait till he starts throwing in a couple three or four point nights.

This cannot be understated for basically everyone, but Skinner.

I haven’t felt like Jack, Sam, Risto or Okposo has gone on a real heater all year.

The numbers are great and they have had some nice runs. But nothing like what we know Jack and Sam have put together in the past.

I’m looking forward to a 5 point night for Jack against Boston.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Ugly: Arizona. What the heck is that lineup? And they have nothing big coming in the pipeline. What a mess. Domi is counting his blessings in Montreal every day.
That probably would be us if we would have missed out on Eichel

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
He hasn’t even heated up either. Wait till he starts throwing in a couple three or four point nights.

It's pretty amazing how consistent he has been in getting 1-2 points a night.

- Only TWO times he has got more than 2 points in a game (both 3 assist games)

- He has not gone more than TWO games in a row without scoring this year.

Like you said, looking forward to some of those 3-4 point nights. Hopefully the consistent production can remain with it.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Tage showing glimpses of how dangerous he can be with the puck.
as was Tennyson... for the Yotes.

He stopped being very useful *on* the top line as well, that’s why he’s not on it anymore. This is what he does in each of the last few years. Hot start, gets everyone pumped up about the Pommer of old, and then it just fades into not very much.
someone needs to tell him NHL miscounted and he’s only played 985 games

Doohickie

Ft Worth (from Bflo)
Feb 16, 2013
That probably would be us if we would have missed out on Eichel

It was embarrassing when the Sabres fans rooted for the Yotes in that game the spring before Eich was drafted. You should never root against your homies. But in that case, it was justified. Just think, the Sabres would have ended up with Dylan Strome.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
It was embarrassing when the Sabres fans rooted for the Yotes in that game the spring before Eich was drafted. You should never root against your homies. But in that case, it was justified. Just think, the Sabres would have ended up with Dylan Strome.
At the bar, or at home, yeah go crazy. At the arena? That was a disgrace.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
At the bar, or at home, yeah go crazy. At the arena? That was a disgrace.
I'm not proud to say... that I was there, booing. I don't think I would do it again, completely surreal. But in the moment it seemed like the right thing to do. :laugh: It was a very important game to lose.

EDIT: As f***ed up as that game/year was for the players, it was pretty f***ed up for the fans too. No one here wants to root for their team to lose... at the bar, at home or anywhere. But we all knew what it was. Especially since I was there, I really can't blame anyone for losing their heads. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->