GDT: Dovals @ Icelanders; The MSGs

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Problem is he'd have a little more credibility with the sky is falling posts if he had posted ANYthing at all positive in the last three years. He literally only comes to post negativity and he's getting called on it. He actually used to be such a positive poster too.

ive seen this too over the many years here. seems its a more and more bleak view on things the last few years.

i hope he can chill out and get on the right train soon…

the team is rising but it seems his (less frequent) posts are just hating on things

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
I don’t think it’s incredibly intellectually honest to pretend everything has been just fine since the Sabres game tho, either.

Literally seemed like from,the moment,that goal got called,back (which obviously was bullshit) they lost their mojo.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
The second half of the season is definitely going to be challenging but regardless of what happens we had a fantastic first half of the season.

I think many are forgetting where we are coming from. On this date last year we were 16-17-8 - 40 points and 18 points behind Columbus in the division. We we're already out of the conversation by this time last season. 5 teams in the east had 55 or more points and 4 of them were in our division.

It was always going to be tough, but they've come through the first half extremely well.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
The second half of the season is definitely going to be challenging but regardless of what happens we had a fantastic first half of the season.

I think many are forgetting where we are coming from. On this date last year we were 16-17-8 - 40 points and 18 points behind Columbus in the division. We we're already out of the conversation by this time last season. 5 teams in the east had 55 or more points and 4 of them were in our division.

It was always going to be tough, but they've come through the first half extremely well.

this bothered me big time.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
If they can stay .500 the rest of the way, they should be a lock for the playoffs.

40+ wins - something around or near 100 points. That's a successful season.

Reactions: glenwo2

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Problem is he'd have a little more credibility with the sky is falling posts if he had posted ANYthing at all positive in the last three years. He literally only comes to post negativity and he's getting called on it. He actually used to be such a positive poster too.
People still read devilswede's posts?

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
There’s no reason to worry. There are only a handful of teams that really outclass us. Most nights we’ll have the talent advantage. Cory needs to put up a strong second half and Hall needs to keep the foot on the gas. Those two can carry us in.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
There’s no reason to worry. There are only a handful of teams that really outclass us. Most nights we’ll have the talent advantage. Cory needs to put up a strong second half and Hall needs to keep the foot on the gas. Those two can carry us in.
I hope we don't need Cory to have a strong second half.

I'd much rather we keep scoring enough. We got some great contributions from bottom 6 guys but you can't expect that continue. We need Palmieri, Zajac, Johansson and I would even add Zacha to pick up the pace in the 2nd half. We need Severson to contribute more and Andy Greene to hold up.

We scored 130 goals in the first half... I am utterly shocked by that number but I don't expect that to be duplicated in the second half... especially as we get into all the tighter division games...but if we can score another 100 we'll be in good shape I think?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
They will never win at NYb nor St Loser

Today, awful choke job up 2 in the 3rd.

Yeah the refs fcked us again taking away a goal.

But close the game out.

Thank God there is a break, I'm sick of the infuriating losses.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
And terrible penalty by Hall.

I understand he's looking to stand his ground, but given how important his game was you can't put yourself on the PK in that spot.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Here is the problem with this team the past few games.

They are playing at their skill level. Greene and his bone head play that switched the Dallas game? Early in the season he doesn’t do that and devils probably gut out a win. Today gibbons can salt away the game and gets stopped on a breakaway. Early in the year the guy was mint in that situation. Devils win this game 5-3 if played earlier in the year.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
For some strange reason my phone keeps auto correcting were to we're. Stupid phone

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I agree, that would be the desired response.

But don't put your team in that position.

He had a great game otherwise.

Failed clears is the story, yet again.
Vats nor Gibbons could clear it out on the 4th goal.

We are awful at clearing the zone when being forechecked.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Here is the problem with this team the past few games.

They are playing at their skill level. Greene and his bone head play that switched the Dallas game? Early in the season he doesn’t do that and devils probably gut out a win. Today gibbons can salt away the game and gets stopped on a breakaway. Early in the year the guy was mint in that situation. Devils win this game 5-3 if played earlier in the year.

That’s an interesting question. I agree the early season surprises were bound to slow down but the support players are still solid. On some level the best players on the team have to be the ones who win them in crunch time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad