Confirmed with Link: Dougie to Calgary

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
Cap problems or not, there is no excuse in the world for that return on Hamilton unless someone put a gun to his head.

Maybe, to you.

But maybe, just maybe if you take a step back and realize the Bruins got more than what an offer sheet for him would have likely been.

To me, it's unfortunate we were in this situation but we are here cause of that ******* Peter Chiarelli who set this organization back a decade.

chicoutimicucumber

Aug 4, 2009
If he was seeking 7 million then thats too much. That number has been floated out there.

So it's a trade for cap reasons, because they don't see him as the Chara figure (@6.9 mil/7 yrs) to anchor the blueline for the foreseeable future. It's still a dumb move when defense is your greatest position of need, and you have zero other surefire top-four prospects in the organization. I guess the plan is to trade up to sign Hanifin (deal in discussion, not closed), bet on him turning out better than Hamilton in 3-4 years, then if it's not working out, trade him too at that point when it's his time for a raise? (That's not even counting the other trades they've had to make for a shot at moving up to 3rd.)

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Maybe, to you.

But maybe, just maybe if you take a step back and realize the Bruins got more than what an offer sheet for him would have likely been.

To me, it's unfortunate we were in this situation but we are here cause of that ******* Peter Chiarelli who set this organization back a decade.

Team didn't even know he was on the market.
No way in hell that is your best return.
Seguin trade pt.2

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Seems like a good time to spend savings on plane ticket, visit Boston for the first time...and burn myself in front of the TD Garden.

ThorntonFightClub*

Apr 21, 2015
Providence, RI
Yeah, blame Peter Chiarelli for this.

Sweeney is doing what he has to do unfortunately.

Wrong.

First, you can be over the cap in the offseason. You didnt have to fit Hamilton's new deal in on July 1.

Secondly, you get out of cap trouble by dealing non key players, such as kelly, seids, smith, savard ltir (15.5 mill total btw)

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Really? THAT is what he HAD to do?

Are you being insanely dry with your sarcasm, or do you actually believe that what we've seen today was the only way to deal with a cap problem?

They made Hamilton an offer and it seems like they didn't even counter offer. "Oh Hamilton didn't like it, he must be uncomfortable in Boston!". Then they trade Lucic (which I don't mind too much) and he admitted he didn't even ask Lucic's agent for a number to stay (I had an idea of what it would be). That's not doing your job as a General Manager. Even if they had to trade him, they have to at least ask what his price is.

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
Really? THAT is what he HAD to do?

Are you being insanely dry with your sarcasm, or do you actually believe that what we've seen today was the only way to deal with a cap problem?

Not the only way.

But the best way to rebuild.

Absolutely, 100% not sarcasm. I am fully on board with both the moves today.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
They made Hamilton an offer and it seems like they didn't even counter offer. "Oh Hamilton didn't like it, he must be uncomfortable in Boston!". Then they trade Lucic (which I don't mind too much) and he admitted he didn't even ask Lucic's agent for a number to stay (I had an idea of what it would be). That's not doing your job as a General Manager. Even if they had to trade him, they have to at least ask what his price is.

the dougie thing makes no sense unless Sweeney came out saying "it was tough to let go of him, but we got blown away by an offer"
It's pretty embarrassing that actually Calgary got blown away for their mid 1st pick...

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
Wrong.

First, you can be over the cap in the offseason. You didnt have to fit Hamilton's new deal in on July 1.

Secondly, you get out of cap trouble by dealing non key players, such as kelly, seids, smith, savard ltir (15.5 mill total btw)

The goal was clearly to rebuild the system, secondary goal is to get out of cap trouble.

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA

Why? lol that is the most twisted and ridiculous logic ever.

HanktheHammer*

The Bruins got a great haul for a good offensive d-man, but soft as a an DQ ice cream cone. The Bruins can restock their farm or use those picks to trade for Eichel from Buffalo. Even if the Bruins use those picks, its a strong and deep draft. Those picks will contribute in two years. Good job, Donny for cleaning up Chiapet's mess.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
The Bruins got a great haul for a good offensive d-man, but soft as a an DQ ice cream cone. The Bruins can restock their farm or use those picks to trade for Eichel from Buffalo. Even if the Bruins use those picks, its a strong and deep draft. Those picks will contribute in two years. Good job, Donny for cleaning up Chiapet's mess.

Can you share whatever you're on?

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA

Hmmm, interesting to see some rational discussion.

Maybe, just maybe the new management sees Hamilton, sees how limited he is defensively and decided to move on before they had to pay him $7M per year.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Why? lol that is the most twisted and ridiculous logic ever.

As a General Manager you should take all information that you can get to make a correct decision. I even said I wasn't against trading Lucic, but stating you didn't even ask what it would take to re-sign him is not doing your job as general manager. Twisted logic? judging by your posts you don't know what logic is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad