Confirmed with Link: Dougie to Calgary

Status
Not open for further replies.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
It literally doesn't matter if something else is in the works the return for Dougie sucks. You can still pull off another deal later and make a better deal now.

hollafamer

Jan 24, 2011
The deal for dougie hamilton is the biggest joke. Not a single one of us on this board would make that deal. After hearing the fricking disaster that was the sequin trade now we have to hear about dougie too. It not fair. And only one person who has been behind both deals is still there. Cam neely! His head must have been shattered along with his knees. Im am beyond pissed with these horride returns.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Anyone from Harvard should be banned from this organization. It's unbelievable, these 2 complete morons destroyed 90 years of die-hard passion from the fans.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Anyone from Harvard should be banned from this organization. It's unbelievable, these 2 complete morons destroyed 90 years of die-hard passion from the fans.

Chiarelli and Sweeney have lowered the brand value of Harvard with the Seguin and Hamilton deals.

The entire hockey world is laughing at the Bruins right now.

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
Only bad thing about Hamilton was he turned into a turnover machine in the latter half of the season.

But either way, he is a stud offensively. He's no doubt going to score lot of points in his career, and some of them will be big ones.

Hoping to god, one of those 3 picks turns into something good in the near future.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 17s18 seconds ago
There is still strong reason to believe BOS will trade Milan Lucic today. LA is the leading contender. #TSN

if this is the case I want full rebuild mode.

You just got it :(

Nose Face Killah

Dracarys
Dec 2, 2012
MA
I had hope for Sweeney. All that hope is gone unless something happens at the draft. Worse than the seguin trade definitely. At least we got players out of that one

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Just got home and found out about this.

I don't even know what the **** to say. I love both Lucic and Mcquaid, but I would've gladly seen them both leave in order to keep hamilton.

Sweeney better be DAMN good with who he picks up at 14th and 15th tonight. And even then, I'm seeing the Seguin trade all over right now. I really hope this doesn't come back to bite the team for years.

Keen

Oct 18, 2013
I'm an Eagles fan and a Bruins fan...this is like deja vu.......Sweeney = Chip Kelly

Funny because it feels like Belichick to me. In essence its the same thing as we've seen the Pats do for years; trade away players they view as overpriced on their next deals and/or in decline. Trading away players 1 year early vs 1 year late has been a staple of the "Patriots way" for years now and can be applied, in the view of some, to Lucic. Maybe someone can correct me but didn't the Pat's trade away/let young core pieces like Milloy and Asante Samuel go only to have them overpaid elsewhere? Obviously its different but the offer sheet that I have to believe was coming for Hamilton is comparable to me anyways. The real difference here is after years of success the Patriots have as much leeway as any team in professional sports and the Bruins front office, as it stands, is brand spanking new so people are going to freak out.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
What looks bad now might not look bad after. I totally understand the reaction. I feel that Lucic deal is so much better. But...you mix a couple of first picks....if there's one year you need to retool....it's THIS year. Doesn't look good for next year....but wouldn't you deal a great 5 to 7 years in 2 or 3 years for a great performance next year? Just wait till everything is done. People, trades aren't just about an actual trade but the WHOLE picture when all is said and done. Wait at least till the end of the day today. But then, you'll even have to reassess tomorrow.....at UFA time....at the end of the summer....Things might change quite fast.

Again, not a fan of the Hamilton trade as it is....but there does seem to be some kind of plan here. And at the very least, you have a GM who will force things and not wait till something happens. Force too much? Remains to be seen.

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
This must be do
E kind of payback to Calgary for giving us Iginli and helping us win a 2nd cup....oh wait... Never mind.
I'm speechless. This is honestly the worst trade I can think of in the history of the NHL. Wow.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
let's knock it off with the worst trade ever BS, that's just not true.

The trade sucks, it doesn't suck THAT bad

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Don Sweeney and Neely should be fired. You trade Dougie and the best piece you get is just the 15th pick?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
The media has already pretty much declared this deal an absolute slam-dunk for the Flames. Shame on you Sweeney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad