Confirmed with Link: Dougie to Calgary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I still don't see any reasoning behind this deal.

You don't deal 22y top-D. Especially not for picks.

I would have traded any players not named Bergeron before Hamilton. Very odd trade.

Can we flip 15-45-52 for Seth Jones?

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I hate all the analysts calling htis a rebuild. You don't ****ing trade 22 year olds to rebuild.

chicoutimicucumber

Aug 4, 2009
What looks bad now might not look bad after. I totally understand the reaction. I feel that Lucic deal is so much better. But...you mix a couple of first picks....if there's one year you need to retool....it's THIS year. Doesn't look good for next year....but wouldn't you deal a great 5 to 7 years in 2 or 3 years for a great performance next year? Just wait till everything is done. People, trades aren't just about an actual trade but the WHOLE picture when all is said and done. Wait at least till the end of the day today. But then, you'll even have to reassess tomorrow.....at UFA time....at the end of the summer....Things might change quite fast.

Again, not a fan of the Hamilton trade as it is....but there does seem to be some kind of plan here. And at the very least, you have a GM who will force things and not wait till something happens. Force too much? Remains to be seen.
I'd love it if someone can come up with a scenario wherein trading Hamilton makes sense as part of a master plan. Is the plan for a firesale rebuild? For the team to try to stay in contention? As a pure cap-dump? Everyone feel free to use their imaginations.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
let's knock it off with the worst trade ever BS, that's just not true.

The trade sucks, it doesn't suck THAT bad

We just managed to trade DOWN from Hamilton, a top 5 talent in his draft who miraculously fell to us at 9, for a #15 pick.

#15.

#15.

Awful.

We will be lucky for the 15 to ever even be a core player let alone a franchise one.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I'd love it if someone can come up with a scenario wherein trading Hamilton makes sense as part of a master plan. Is the plan for a firesale rebuild? For the team to try to stay in contention? As a pure cap-dump? Everyone feel free to use their imaginations.

If he was seeking 7 million then thats too much. That number has been floated out there.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Is this guy legit: Joe Haggerty ‏@HackswithHaggs 5m5 minutes ago
Per a source, Edmonton offered B's 16th, 33rd & 57th picks in this draft, but Boston wanted Darnell Nurse as part of the package for DH27

I already felt bad for you guys - now it looks like you're being actively sabotaged by your front office.

Its ****ed up we didn't bite the bullet and add a pick for Chia's ego to get Nurse back for Dougie.

I take Nurse and am happy with an upgrade.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 55 s55 sekuntia sitten

Coyotes offered other top prospects plus picks... Felt it was a really strong offer to Boston on Hamilton

So why did we say no?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
We just managed to trade DOWN from Hamilton, a top 5 talent in his draft who miraculously fell to us at 9, for a #15 pick.

#15.

#15.

Awful.

We will be lucky for the 15 to ever even be a core player let alone a franchise one.

And two seconds in a deep draft, let's not act like it was just a 1st. Still an awful trade. Nowhere near the worst ever.

Montreal traded Ryan McDonagh + for Scott Gomez for cripes sake

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
true at first glance maybe Flames win this trade - as of today.

but the true ramifications of this trade and the LAK trade will not be known today and maybe not still for a few years.

worst trade ever? doubt it ... and many people here may be singing a different tune by 2018. I know ... you want instant gratification ... and waiting is the hardest part, but ... at least wait until the start of the season and see what the team looks like than rather than being in full panic mode. seesh

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

#15.

#15.

Awful.

So in 24 months Bruins have traded the best forward from the 2010 draft and best D-man from the 2011 draft and likely won't get a top player in return for either of them.

What a joke.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
If he was seeking 7 million then thats too much. That number has been floated out there.

it's too much right now, but won't be in as little as one year.

If he'd have taken 8x7 then you bite the bullet and do it.

Even if you get Hanifin to replace him you're going to have this same exact problem in 3-4 years.

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 55 s55 sekuntia sitten

Coyotes offered other top prospects plus picks... Felt it was a really strong offer to Boston on Hamilton

So why did we say no?

Probably something to do with money. If we are back to the Sinden Bruins then this probably needs more play

RaybCamn

Oct 16, 2010
I like Hamilton but I think he was asking for too much money and for too many years.
I think think Sweeney is trying to so what Pc should have done at the trade deadline. PC screwed this all up and Sweeney is left with the mess. Not every deal is gonna be great. He is still got alot more things to do. I wonder if Chara is next. JUst a question would you trade the first round pick for 3 firsts.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
it's too much right now, but won't be in as little as one year.

If he'd have taken 8x7 then you bite the bullet and do it.

Even if you get Hanifin to replace him you're going to have this same exact problem in 3-4 years.

Don't have the cap room to sign your good young player? I guess you ****in' trade him.

Meanwhile older players past their usefulness get to stay and ferment and drag the team into the crapper. Fan****ingtastic.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Don't have the cap room to sign your good young player? I guess you ****in' trade him.

Meanwhile older players past their usefulness get to stay and ferment and drag the team into the crapper. Fan****ingtastic.

Chicago wins three cups by trading their role, depth and older players for cap space. Bruins become a joke by trading their younger players for cap space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad