GDT: Dougie-less Canes going for #4

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I know I'm the bad guy, but I don't see anything in Haydn Fleury. And every *chance* he gets to show what he's got with more playing time, he's less impressive. He's a seventh d-man.

I'm very impressed and satisfied with our effort. We're just not strong on our sticks. The Ducks are winning every puck battle. Every team does. We reach for everything and have no strength on the puck.
This team just doesn't have the heart this year. They don't have the desire to work hard to win. They think they are better than they are not realizing it was the night in and night out working their tails off that made them so good last year and not their skill alone.

I keep going back to it, but they look like a team captained by a Staal.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I know I'm the bad guy, but I don't see anything in Haydn Fleury. And every *chance* he gets to show what he's got with more playing time, he's less impressive. He's a seventh d-man.

I'm very impressed and satisfied with our effort. We're just not strong on our sticks. The Ducks are winning every puck battle. Every team does. We reach for everything and have no strength on the puck.
The kid never gets a chance to get used to playing.

Reactions: Tryamw

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
This team just doesn't have the heart this year. They don't have the desire to work hard to win. They think they are better than they are not realizing it was the night in and night out working their tails off that made them so good last year and not their skill alone.

100% agree

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
That's just not how pro sports work.

Meh. Yes and no. There’s a reason Gauthier isn’t a regular healthy scratch. But you’re right he’s had plenty of opportunity.

John says Fleury has looked good tonight. Rarely disagree with him but tonight I do vehemently. He’s been rough breaking out the puck. He does seem to have some instincts in the offensive zone.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

the accuracy of this...yeah. Sucks that it is spot on.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Meh. Yes and no. There’s a reason Gauthier isn’t a regular healthy scratch. But you’re right he’s had plenty of opportunity.

John says Fleury has looked good tonight. Rarely disagree with him but tonight I do vehemently. He’s been rough breaking out the puck. He does seem to have some instincts in the offensive zone.

He's just *never* in the offensive zone, because he's going to lead the league in turnovers if he ever plays a full season.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
the accuracy of this...yeah. Sucks that it is spot on.
I mean... There is absolutely no urgency to this team this year. They get outworked way too often, especially given how they should be playing. And yeah, they have the identity of Eric and Jordan Staal. Steady, consistent, deliberate play that falls back on 'theres always tomorrow'. That's... That's just not the way we should be playing.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Svech - Aho - Teravainen
Dzingel - Haula - Necas
Foegele - Staal - Martinook
Nino - Wallmark - McGinn

Why not try

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I mean... There is absolutely no urgency to this team this year. They get outworked way too often, especially given how they should be playing. And yeah, they have the identity of Eric and Jordan Staal. Steady, consistent, deliberate play that falls back on 'theres always tomorrow'. That's... That's just not the way we should be playing.

They play like a Jordan Staal too - zero skill, grind down low, low offensive chances.

Niederreiter looks like a complete grinder to me. Stick handles like the puck is a grenade and struggles to make any sort of play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad