Proposal: Dougie Hamilton

RedwingsnCudi13

Aug 25, 2010
Some light speculation regarding Dougie Hamilton on the radio today, being discussed on the main boards.

Calgary could use some help on the wings

What would you guys move for him if anything?

Tatar +

Nyquist +

Not intersted?

dream43

Nov 19, 2013
They need a #1 RW so I would be willing to trade

Nyquist+Marchenko/Sproul+Pick
or
Mantha+Pick

but I think they want someone more physical than Nyquist which would be Mantha but he is not a #1 RW. I dont think we have the best offer for them tbh.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
They need a #1 RW so I would be willing to trade

Nyquist+Marchenko/Sproul+Pick
or
Mantha+Pick

but I think they want someone more physical than Nyquist which would be Mantha but he is not a #1 RW. I dont think we have the best offer for them tbh.

Dougie Hamilton isn't a great defensemen right now. His trade value has tanked. I wouldn't even consider trading Nyquist AND Sproul for him. Not worth it.

Tatar

Mar 26, 2011
FL300
Dougie Hamilton isn't a great defensemen right now. His trade value has tanked. I wouldn't even consider trading Nyquist AND Sproul for him. Not worth it.

Agreed. Unless they're retaining cap.

5.75 is pretty steep for a 2nd pairing defeseman

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Agreed. Unless they're retaining cap.

5.75 is pretty steep for a 2nd pairing defeseman

5.75 million is a fair price for a defenseman that scores 10-12 goals and 40-45 points.

Not sure why people are trying to dump on Dougie, he'd be a great add. Might even prefer him to Trouba.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Interesting that he would be floated again so soon. I like the skill set, but two organizations having to pull the plug on you at his age makes me curious. The guys in Boston didn't exactly weep that he was trying to force his way out.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
5.75 million is a fair price for a defenseman that scores 10-12 goals and 40-45 points.

Not sure why people are trying to dump on Dougie, he'd be a great add. Might even prefer him to Trouba.

Hamilton is damn good. Calgary is a **** team. It's inconceivable that a team with Gio, Brodie, and Hamilton are as bad as they are. They're one of the worst coached teams in the league though, so.

I'd take Hamilton in a heart beat.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Interesting that he would be floated again so soon. I like the skill set, but two organizations having to pull the plug on you at his age makes me curious. The guys in Boston didn't exactly weep that he was trying to force his way out.

The guy's, what, 23? He hasn't been posting stupid pictures to instagram with wads of cash in his hand or been arrested after a night at the club...I'd roll the dice on him without much of a problem. Really curious what Calgary's asking price would be.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
The guy's, what, 23? He hasn't been posting stupid pictures to instagram with wads of cash in his hand or been arrested after a night at the club...I'd roll the dice on him without much of a problem. Really curious what Calgary's asking price would be.
At the time of the trade, there were rumors that he was absolutely despised by his Bruins teammates.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013

Yeah I'd be all for that, assuming the price is a little more reasonable. We'd get a good, young dman, and it would also buy us a little time to be patient to find another top dman later on. Decent stopgap and he still has good potential. That would be huge in repairing the D.

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
From what I understand, the rumour was that one GM had inquired with Treliving about his availability. He's in no way being shopped around, and I doubt Treliving really has any interest in moving him. That being said, I would like to see the Flames pick up a skilled winger, and a deal around Hamilton and Nyquist would interest me. But very unlikely he's going to go anywhere. Also, he had a really rough start to last year, and that seems to have shot down his value on the boards. However, he had an above average second half, and has been fine this year, and so I'd imagine his perceived value here on HF and his actual value has quite the disparity.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Weren't there rumors of that with Seguin, too? Might partly be the clubhouse. Or he's a jerk. Either way, I'd still be interested in him.

Again a lot of it are rumors, but the tone around it seemed different. The he needs to grow up seemed to be the vibe with Seguin. Hamilton seemed to be the room doesn't like him. Not like he is a young kid with discipline problems but just a guy that didn't seem to have many fans within the room.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Hamilton is damn good. Calgary is a **** team.

Just like Tyler Myers in Buffalo? If Hamilton was as good as you suggest he'd still be in Boston. He's be a cornerstone player to build around. They didn't mind shipping him out. He's a good defenseman that probably needs to be a #3 on a good team.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Just like Tyler Myers in Buffalo? If Hamilton was as good as you suggest he'd still be in Boston. He's be a cornerstone player to build around. They didn't mind shipping him out. He's a good defenseman that probably needs to be a #3 on a good team.

Seguin?

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Man I looked at the stat sheet tonight and he was 5th in D for TOI. Is he on the third pairing?

Tatar

Mar 26, 2011
FL300
Man I looked at the stat sheet tonight and he was 5th in D for TOI. Is he on the third pairing?

Yeah he's been on the third pair for most of the year so far. I was in Chicago when the Flames beat the Hawks Monday and he had a good game, it's just really odd to see someone of his size shy away from physical play.

I like him for offense, Trouba for defence, and Fowler for a combo of both.

But he's not worth Tatar++

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Calgary has two top 25 defenseman in the league on their roster (IMO, even though Brodie has had rough start), in Brodie and Giordano, so different situation there than here. Also why Hamilton may even be potentially available to begin with.

Hamilton has played 19:05 so far, not really 3rd pairing minutes.

Probert

Feb 27, 2008
Boston, MA
No thanks on Dougie Hamilton. He's a good D-man, but he's not a significant enough upgrade to be worth the asking / offering prices I've seen here.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Interestingly enough, I was listening to the sports talk radio station out of Calgary, and they were quite frustrated with Dougie Hamilton's performance. I watched Calgary's first two games and was pretty underwhelmed with Dougie. Granted slow starts happen, but he doesn't strike me as the type of guy Id give up premium assets and draft picks for.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
but he doesn't strike me as the type of guy Id give up premium assets and draft picks for.

But... why?

And odd to me that Calgary radio would key in on Hamilton, when Brodie has been just as bad (I'd say worse) and is a better player with higher expectations.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad