Dougie Hamilton vs. Drew Doughty

whos better

• Total voters

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
The numbers aren’t screaming that at all. You’re screaming it and then working your way backwards to try to explain how the numbers support it. But they don’t.

I mean, they do though. The numbers are just numbers on a page, until you actually look at them in context, and try to "explain" why they are the way that they are...based on what happens on the ice.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Might be on my own here but I wouldn't have either on my top 10 defenseman list.

Hamilton has a lot of talent but I agree with the poster who said he's best as a great complementary dman. He's been blessed in his career being paired with some of the best defensive top pair players in the league. Chara, Giordano, and Slavin. Would have to see him run his own pair and excel over a large sample for me to count him among the truly elite #1's. Great skater and an even better shot though.

Doughty I'm a little unclear on how the rest of his career plays out. Still think he should be an all around 2 way force for at least a couple more years but there's a lot of tread on those tires for a 30 year old. He's got two cups, a Norris, and the eighty million dollar deal, what exactly is there left for him to prove? Complacency in pro sports is absolutely a real thing.

Reactions: eli4spetterss0n

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
You can really tell in this thread who doesn't use analytics and who does. Dougie Hamilton was a top 5 defenseman without a doubt this season and was on pace to win a Norris. I guess you can call him soft, and I wouldn't really disagree. Dougie could be more physical, but I don't see why he should be if that's not his type of game, he's fine the way he is. People often say Slavin is underrated, but honestly Hamilton may be the most underrated after this season. He never gets respect because of his "soft" game. The only correct answer is Hamilton and you can simply see that using the eye test and advanced analytics.

He's a soft yet large offensive defenseman. Top five? I very highly doubt it. I would wager it isn't close. Elite offensively as we always knew.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad