Speculation: Dougie Hamilton Negotiations (Pt. 2)

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Edmonton is still out there and may need a replacement for Barrie. I think they pay the premium.

They will expect Hamilton to replace Barrie and Larson, which will be Hamilton’s downfall if he signs in Edmonton.

Daeavorn

livin' that no caps life
Oct 8, 2019
Raleigh, NC
Maybe the idea of the Dougie is not very physical is more prevalent than we thought? I mean I certainly don't understand why he hasn't been signed yet.

What's even more odd is we haven't heard a single thing about it. Not one leak.

That is very suspicious to me.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
This morning my phone suggested an article with a headline alone the lines of "how new jersey got dougie hamilton" and I was like ughhhhh... the article was all entirely speculation that maybe the devils would be interested. I know pretty much anyone can say pretty much anything on the internet but damn. How they can get away with a title or headline or whatever like that is frustrating

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
I know it's different circumstances but does Makar at 6x$9M as has been rumored help us any?

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Edmonton is still out there and may need a replacement for Barrie. I think they pay the premium.

They will expect Hamilton to replace Barrie and Larson, which will be Hamilton’s downfall if he signs in Edmonton.

True but he will be rolling in Canadian $.....

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
That Contract I expect will NEVER be a good one.. I'm not saying he's not worth much dollars. but that was Ludacris..
It looks ugly, but there is a scenario where it actually isn't that bad.

If Toews is fully healthy, then Chicago has a 1st PP of Jones/DeBrincat/Kane/Toews/Kubalik. In that case, Jones could put up offensive numbers close to John Carlson, and Jones is definitely 1.5M better defensively than Carlson.

It will really depend on health in Chicago. Toews, as I said, and Dach being fully healthy make Chicago a much better team, maybe even a top 10 in the league team.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
It looks ugly, but there is a scenario where it actually isn't that bad.

If Toews is fully healthy, then Chicago has a 1st PP of Jones/DeBrincat/Kane/Toews/Kubalik. In that case, Jones could put up offensive numbers close to John Carlson, and Jones is definitely 1.5M better defensively than Carlson.

It will really depend on health in Chicago. Toews, as I said, and Dach being fully healthy make Chicago a much better team, maybe even a top 10 in the league team.
I'd still rather have Pietrangelo. Note Neither of the guys above him is a good contract either. (Karlson and Doughty.) IMO.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
So, Subban with some retention to CAR (only due $2M in real cash), a pick to Seattle for said retention and Hamilton’s rights to NJD sound about right?

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Yandle is reportedly signing today. I think he makes some sense at 1 year x $1-2 million, but only if Hamilton is gone. Especially with Bean being traded.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad