Speculation: Dougie Hamilton Negotiations (Pt. 2)

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I would think that if Carolina and Hamilton had a deal in place that they would announce it soon. Because it has been a rough start to Free Agency for Canes fans so far. Waddell doesn't have to let fans know what is going on with having no goalies signed and no Dougie news but some quotes somewhere would be nice.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
If Dougie was going to re-sign it probably would have been announced by now. If anything, just to offset the PR hit the team is taking throughout the fan base right now over the Ned situation.

So I'm not really thrilled right now about the current outlook on next year. Certainly appears that we are going to take a pretty large step backwards in contention.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
If Dougie was going to re-sign it probably would have been announced by now. If anything, just to offset the PR hit the team is taking throughout the fan base right now over the Ned situation.

So I'm not really thrilled right now about the current outlook on next year. Certainly appears that we are going to take a pretty large step backwards in contention.

Maybe, but it's premature to say that without knowing all the moves/signings the team does. I'll worry about it once those moves are made. Until then, meh...

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
We are getting thread other then the meme thread to part II. So soon we'll be getting to be like Toronto? And suggesting trade of Brickley for Matthews? We'll add a second!.

I r Sacred! Shivers in the corner.. behind the bed.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Obviously, if it was already agreed to sign him, I'd say we would have announced it. But some teams are just now realizing what space they do or don't have in the wake of the expansion draft. Other teams may have just put out feelers before and are just now talking actual contract parameters with him. So, he may not even have had the full picture of what teams will offer him yet for us to see if we can even get close. I don't know if I do or don't expect him to sign, but I'd imagine all possibilities still exist.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
While Dougie is clearly the top guy available, I wonder if the number of RHD "reportedly" available have kept the market for him a little bit cool.

Guys available/reportedly available:
Seth Jones
Ristolanen
Barrie
Klingberg
Manson

Some of those guys are still under contract for a year but teams may want to kick the can down the road a bit. Just speculating.

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
Hamilton 8 X 9 and Foegele to St. Louis for Tarasenko 50% retained and .....,wait , You ready?

JUSTIN FAULK.

ok, just trying to be funny, but it would be funny if that happened.

Reactions: cptjeff

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
The continued radio silence with Hamilton is hard to read…

I wonder if the “hockey men” mentality about him not being a franchise level guy is hurting him. Two of his rumored destinations in CHI and PHI paid exorbitant prices to upgrade at RD instead of trying to sign Hamilton for free.

This leads me to assume that either Hamilton is not held at all in as hugh regard as fans and insidurz have him rated or he’s just asking for the moon on his next contract.

I don’t see him going to MTL or NJD, unless they offer him stupid money, so maybe there is still a chance for the Canes to retain him. Who else is out there that could offer him $7-8M and also have the need of a top pair RD…WPG, EDM?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad