Proposal: Dougie Hamilton for Taylor Hall?

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Dougie has a ways to go defensively. He's made some incredibly bad decisions this year and looked shaky at times. It has driven me nuts because he has the physical tools and skill to not put himself in those situations. On the upside Dougie has great skill and just needs to make better decisions. That can come with time. I think Dougie will be ok and in the end be an excellent player for the Bs. He's still very young and will only get stronger and better. As frustrated as I've been with Dougie this season there is no way I'd trade him for Hall. Long-term he means more to the Bs than Hall would mean.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Absolutely not. I'd love to see Hall in a B's uni....preferred him over Seguin, when drafted.

Perhaps I'm overvaluing Dougie but a young, likely franchise, Dman is a rare commodity. He's the future (very near future) of the B's D corps and would be much harder to replace than a star forward.

:nod:

BudMovin*

Unless you plan to tank.....where exactly do we find this Chara replacement? It won't be free agency.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Dougie may not be Chara but Chara wouldn't be Dougie either. Whatever way you slice it he's the closest thing we have at this time and by far. Let Dougie be Dougie, it may not be Chara but it will be just as good if not better.

RG617

Jul 14, 2008
Boston, MA.
No. Just no. You don't build long term stability that way. Does anyone remember what this team was like without a top shelf defenseman? That transition period between Ray and Chara, when the best the team had to consistently offer was Nick Boynton or Hal Gill? I do. The defense is the framework on which the rest of a team can confidently be built. I'd like Hall here, if he can grow up a little and the deal is right. If it wasn't for the effing no trade clauses Chia passes out to every kid in the neighborhood on Halloween, I'd be far more inclined to make Tuuka the centerpiece of that trade.

BudMovin*

No. Just no. You don't build long term stability that way. Does anyone remember what this team was like without a top shelf defenseman? That transition period between Ray and Chara, when the best the team had to consistently offer was Nick Boynton or Hal Gill? I do. The defense is the framework on which the rest of a team can confidently be built. I'd like Hall here, if he can grow up a little and the deal is right. If it wasn't for the effing no trade clauses Chia passes out to every kid in the neighborhood on Halloween, I'd be far more inclined to make Tuuka the centerpiece of that trade.

I try and forget, but then people like you have to bring it up!

NightmanCometh

Feb 11, 2014
Minnesota
I'd never trade Hamilton for Hall.

Yeah, Hall might be a generational talent, but that doesn't make him a quality franchise player. When Dougie hits his apex stride, he's going to be a top 3 defensemen in the league. Hall will probably be the best winger (or top 3) in the league for some time, but does that make him someone to build around? His skills make him the *result* of a successful offesnvie rush, not the cause of it. Dougie, on the other hand, will be the heart and soul of this team for the next decade. We still need a young top 5 center, but the B's are looking good for the near and semi-distant future as long as Dougie is wearing a spoked-B uniform.

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
Would you do Dougie Hamilton for Taylor Hall?

I'd rather trade Lucic than Dougie. Dougie is the future of our D. Big Z ain't gonna be skating forever. Lucic is too inconsistent and is lined up for a pay upgrade. Also hockey power forwards wear down a lot faster in general.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I'd take Hall over Hamilton but who are the Bruins 6 defenseman in two years

BruinsNeedaRussian

Nov 21, 2009

Yeah, Hall might be a generational talent, but that doesn't make him a quality franchise player. When Dougie hits his apex stride, he's going to be a top 3 defensemen in the league. Hall will probably be the best winger (or top 3) in the league for some time, but does that make him someone to build around? His skills make him the *result* of a successful offesnvie rush, not the cause of it. Dougie, on the other hand, will be the heart and soul of this team for the next decade. We still need a young top 5 center, but the B's are looking good for the near and semi-distant future as long as Dougie is wearing a spoked-B uniform.

He is not a generational talent and that would qualify him as a franchise payer.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston

He may not ever be a first team All Star-not the fan vote variety.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad