Proposal: Dougie Hamilton for Taylor Hall?

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Considering we can't afford it money wise it's pointless just putting that out there.

bruinforstanley

Oct 24, 2005
Alpharetta, GA
Absolutely not. I'd love to see Hall in a B's uni....preferred him over Seguin, when drafted.

Perhaps I'm overvaluing Dougie but a young, likely franchise, Dman is a rare commodity. He's the future (very near future) of the B's D corps and would be much harder to replace than a star forward.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I would be leery of that if I were them,Hamilton is more erratic than any defenseman I can remember. At times he looks great,especially offensively and then he looks like a bumbling moron a minute later. I don't remember those types of highs and lows with any other high end young Bruin defenseman. Thinking back to Kluzak's development and he was nothing like that. Where it ends nobody knows.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
In a heartbeat.

Hall definitely has more value than Hamilton around the league.

The fans here over value Hamilton because its the one Dman we have that could potentially anchor the 1st pair in the future.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
No way, love Hall but while Dougie still has to go through some growing pains he's gonna be a stud.Think in terms of Chara for his development, as already mentioned a stud D > stud winger.

NiftyWasNasty

Nasty in a good way
Dec 29, 2014
In a heartbeat.

That may be true, I'm not really in tune with HF boards perceived player value trends...for me I don't move a player "that could potentially anchor the 1st pair in the future" unless he shows signs that he won't reach potential.

He's 21 playing in his second NHL season and to my eye he has shown all the signs that he will indeed continue to grow towards his potential...little chance I trade him right now...

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Dougie for Hall and their first rounder this year. Not gonna happen...but that is what i think Dougie is worth.

Do people get that there are like 3 young left wingers in the NHL as good as Hall?

So you want Hall AND McDavid for Doug Hamilton? There have to be about 10 young Dmen on par or better than Dougie. He's great, but people in here need to get real.

To get Edmonton to give you their first this year, you'd honestly have to send them Krejci + Dougie. I don't even think they answer the phone for less.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
Dougie for Hall and their first rounder this year. Not gonna happen...but that is what i think Dougie is worth.

This is just absurd. I wouldn't trade Hamilton for Hall because we need a replacement for Chara and his value isn't Hall + a potential 1st overall pick.

Marchy63

Sep 16, 2006
Oshawa
Do people get that there are like 3 young left wingers in the NHL as good as Hall?

So you want Hall AND McDavid for Doug Hamilton? There have to be about 10 young Dmen on par or better than Dougie. He's great, but people in here need to get real.

To get Edmonton to give you their first this year, you'd honestly have to send them Krejci + Dougie. I don't even think they answer the phone for less.

So if there is only like 3 left wingers as good as Hall then why is our board sayin g that he is not as good as or worth trading Lucic for. Hall could be made available by Edmonton because wingers typically do not have the impact upfront that centres have and no where the impact defensively that Dmen and Goalies have. Of these 10 young Dmen, how many are even a possibility to be moved by there clubs?

History has shown that top tier defensemen our harder to come by than top tier forwards due to the lack of players at that position. You have to remember that every team needs to have twice as many forards as defensemen on the team so that means more people player forward to choose from. Young players growing up that have a lot of skill are typically made to play forward and very few are left to play defense.

Hall is a great player, but trading Hamilton would set the Bruins back quite a bit as they have no one in the system that could possibly replace Chara. And lets face it without the Bruins tanking, they most likely do not get a high enough draft pick to get another franchise like defensemen, I mean we only got Hamilton because of the Kessel trade. This is the definition of robbing Peter to pay Paul.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
So if there is only like 3 left wingers as good as Hall then why is our board sayin g that he is not as good as or worth trading Lucic for. Hall could be made available by Edmonton because wingers typically do not have the impact upfront that centres have and no where the impact defensively that Dmen and Goalies have. Of these 10 young Dmen, how many are even a possibility to be moved by there clubs?

History has shown that top tier defensemen our harder to come by than top tier forwards due to the lack of players at that position. You have to remember that every team needs to have twice as many forards as defensemen on the team so that means more people player forward to choose from. Young players growing up that have a lot of skill are typically made to play forward and very few are left to play defense.

Hall is a great player, but trading Hamilton would set the Bruins back quite a bit as they have no one in the system that could possibly replace Chara. And lets face it without the Bruins tanking, they most likely do not get a high enough draft pick to get another franchise like defensemen, I mean we only got Hamilton because of the Kessel trade. This is the definition of robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Current compensation of the best of the best in the NHL right now does not reflect your point:

http://www.capgeek.com/leaders/

Parise, Ovechkin, Perry, Kessel, Hossa, Nash, Zetterberg and Brown all in the top 25 biggest contracts, all wingers.

5 dmen in the top 25.

A franchise winger is becoming extremely coveted in the NHL, and extremely difficult to come by.

10 wingers scored more than 30 goals last year in the NHL. I'll let you digest how rare a commodity an elite scoring winger is.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
In a heartbeat.

The fans here over value Hamilton because its the one Dman we have that could potentially anchor the 1st pair in the future.

Yes, because it is really dumb to value the one Dman who can anchor your top pair in the future. Those guys just grow on trees. :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad