"Doughty is the best defenseman in the league" per McDavid

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
I'm sure. If he's the engine running Tampa, Tampa should retool and get some help because that engine sure hasn't accomplished anything yet. Poor guy. All alone.
Yeah like doughty is all alone with kopitar having a hart season

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

Look at both rosters and if you honestly are more impressed by Hedman with roster consideration included... Then we have nothing more to talk about.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I'm sure. If he's the engine running Tampa, Tampa should retool and get some help because that engine sure hasn't accomplished anything yet. Poor guy. All alone.

That has pretty much been the case in LA the last few years, as well. Poor Doughty has had to do everything on defense and it hasn't been enough.

Reactions: Sol

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Hedman will never win a championship.

Do World CHAMPIONSHIPS count?

686460650.0.jpg

Or do you mean since then?

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Heart and soul type player just a complete warrior. If he wasn't a whiner he'd be almost the perfect player.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
honestly, it's been my opinion all along thatvis hedmans to lose. and I also think he would be the easy winner had he not gotten injured. but doughty has quietly had a spectacular season and they're not far apart. there is a solid argument for him to win it.

a few weeks ago this was hedman for me. but now I'm 50/50. I haven't paid as much attention to doughty this year.

I mean if you're gonna argue it, tell me where you see hedman as so much better this year. I'm genuinely curious.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Jeez man, you're reading to respond and not reading to comprehend....

All he said was that McDavid (and Gretzky... and a LOT of guys) throw around superlatives like "best... greatest...toughest...etc." like it's nothing... Gretzky is a good example because most people consider him untouchable, however he's said things like "Kyle Turris has the best vision of any player in the NHL".

Gretzky is very well known for heaping huge amounts of praise onto various players. He loves to say certain guys are "the best since *insert all-time great*"... He's also said on multiple occasions that certain players were going to break his records... I think he said it about Tavares once, he's said it about McDavid.

If you didn't know this about Gretzky, that's on you, but you look like kind a jerk poo-poo'ing on this guy about something that he's actually correct about...

I understand what his point was, my point was that the two don't correlate whatsoever. Gretzky is RETIRED talking about players he never faced, if Gretzky said something about this when he was playing against a player he played against regularly you would throw that opinion out the window?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
honestly, it's been my opinion all along thatvis hedmans to lose. and I also think he would be the easy winner had he not gotten injured. but doughty has quietly had a spectacular season and they're not far apart. there is a solid argument for him to win it.

a few weeks ago this was hedman for me. but now I'm 50/50. I haven't paid as much attention to doughty this year.

I mean if you're gonna argue it, tell me where you see hedman as so much better this year. I'm genuinely curious.

He won't. Just likes to do drivebys to crap on Doughty.

So here:

PlayerGpGAPCF%CF%relGF%GF%relTOI/GPPPTOI/GPSHTOI/GPZSRrelToIQoCToIQoT
Victor Hedman7516456152.490.6559.663.9325:483:242:362.1129.3128.13
Drew Doughty8010495952.534.4154.762.7326:493:052:48-2.2629.528.42
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Adding to Doughty's case is that he's played more minutes than anyone in the league, gets used as the shutdown guy on top of all of the above, and has a rotating cadre of partners, all of whom do much, much better with him on the ice.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
I believe most players in the league would consider Drew the best all around defenseman.

Karlsson is impressive. Probably more gifted than Drew.

I’m honestly not comfortable calling any of these guys the best.

Who would you take?
Ray Bourque
Paul Coffey
Scott Stevens
Scott Niedermayer
Nick Lidstrom
Robe Blake
Chris Pronger
Al MacInnis
Phil Housley
Brian Leetch

Point is, their all great in their own way.
Can’t believe some teams had two of these guys at the same time.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Pretty easily
Nick Lidstrom
Ray Bourque
Paul Coffey
Chris Pronger
Brian Leetch
Phil Housley
Scott Niedermayer
Robe Blake
Al MacInnis
Scott Stevens

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I believe most players in the league would consider Drew the best all around defenseman.

Karlsson is impressive. Probably more gifted than Drew.

I’m honestly not comfortable calling any of these guys the best.

Who would you take?
Ray Bourque
Paul Coffey
Scott Stevens
Scott Niedermayer
Nick Lidstrom
Robe Blake
Chris Pronger
Al MacInnis
Phil Housley
Brian Leetch

Point is, their all great in their own way.
Can’t believe some teams had two of these guys at the same time.

A few of those are not like the others.

Todd Parchment

Apr 5, 2018
I think he’s been the most well rounded defenceman in the NHL for a few years. He can basically do everything you want and more.

Reactions: KingTrouty

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I love Doughty, the crazy thing is, I don't think he even fully commits himself hockey wise all year round. I think he could be EVEN better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad