Confirmed with Link: Doug Lidster named to Canucks coaching staff

Finkle is Einhorn

Oct 13, 2003
Visit site
I remember him as being pretty good. Perhaps my recollection is faulty. Was it purely because of his offence that he lasted 14 or so years in the NHL?

Won four Babe Pratt trophies including three consecutively, and sits fourth all time in Canucks' scoring by D. Granted, the Canucks don't have an illustrious history at the position, but Lidster wasn't an also-ran.

JerkChicken

Jun 18, 2008
South Sound
This is going to drive me crazy. I have the little picture guide that says who's who for "Road Trip" but not for the Big Steal.

This is far from over.

It's not Robert Kron is it?

Ha...this has driven me nuts for quite some time. I'm in the same boat. I have the list for 'Road Trip' but not this one.

Nope, not Kron. He is 2nd from right w/ the machine gun.

Here's who I know (L to R):

Valk, ????, Nedved, Sandlak, Ronning, Momesso, Larionov, Odjick, Bure, Adams, Linden, McLean, Babych, Dirk, Murzyn, Lidster, Courtnall, Gregg, Lumme, Diduck, Walter, Gamble, Kron, Fergus.
main.php

Anyways, back to the thread. So...Dougie Lidster, eh? Right on. :thumbu:

JA

Lidster is another guy Benning knows well. Doug was one of the leaders of that defense group during Benji's time in Vancouver. Of course, Trevor, Stan, and anyone else who recalls the team pre-1994 will remember him too. Doug Lidster is one of the more notable defensemen in team history, having spent 10 seasons here.

9242167.jpg

He's a local guy too. It's nice to bring home another member of the Canucks alumni.

Benning and Lidster both appear in this footage:

Last edited by a moderator:

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Ha...this has driven me nuts for quite some time. I'm in the same boat. I have the list for 'Road Trip' but not this one.

Nope, not Kron. He is 2nd from right w/ the machine gun.

Here's who I know (L to R):

Valk, ????, Nedved, Sandlak, Ronning, Momesso, Larionov, Odjick, Bure, Adams, Linden, McLean, Babych, Dirk, Murzyn, Lidster, Courtnall, Gregg, Lumme, Diduck, Walter, Gamble, Kron, Fergus.
main.php

Anyways, back to the thread. So...Dougie Lidster, eh? Right on. :thumbu:

can't see really make out the face on my phone but one nane missing from that era is dixon ward?

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
I remember him as being pretty good. Perhaps my recollection is faulty. Was it purely because of his offence that he lasted 14 or so years in the NHL?

i was pretty young when lidster was here, but i remember him veing a pylon defensively but our best guy offensively before we got lumme (i think reinhart had just retired when i really started to pay attention. but i might be wrong about this; i did used to get lidster and tom kurvers mixed up sometimes.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $365.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $209.00