OMG WHEN IS HIS FIRST GAME?!?!?!

edit: this is exactly what we needed!!!

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Great.....

Now how about the cap issues, seeming lack of desire among some key players, unsuccessful power play, and possible improvements to our goaltending.....any announcements on them?

Reactions: Ciao and Legendary

Legendary

Sep 1, 2016
I don't think so, lol. I don't like Babcock but I don't think that Gilmour is the right replacement. And let's not take leaps here. He is hired as a some community rep, in no way shape or form that means that he is ever going to be the head coach.
I think it makes perfect sense. If the players continue to play soft lazy uninspired hockey with a legend behind the bench then you know it’s time to have a fire sale.

Reactions: Cobra777

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I think it makes perfect sense. If the players continue to play soft lazy uninspired hockey with a legend behind the bench then you know it’s time to have a fire sale.

How does it make "perfect sense" when he has never coached before and may or may not be any good at it?

Wayne Gretzky himself wasn't even a decent coach by all measures.

Legendary

Sep 1, 2016
How does it make "perfect sense" when he has never coached before and may or may not be any good at it?

Wayne Gretzky himself wasn't even a decent coach by all measures.
A Donkey would be an improvement over Babcock at this point so why not try?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Leaves Presidency of an OHL club to become a "community representative"?

This is either essentially Gilmour retiring from his career as a hockey executive, or it's some sort of temporary title before he moves into a real role of some sorts.

Let me ask you this: in his body of work in the OHL, what makes him potentially qualified for a similar kind of role in the NHL? I am genuinely curious. I am feeling he was being pushed out from the Kingston role.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Kingston is off to a horrid start. The writing was on the wall.

Chances are he would have been terminated. He made a call to the Leafs, and Kingston is allowing him to step down rather than be fired.

All the community reps are is along with Sittler, Clark etc, he’ll appear at most events, do signings etc.

anyone thinking this is somehow connected on a whiteboard to Gilmour being in any sort of hockey ops role are just wearing tinfoil hats

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Berube won a Cup with St Louis. He let his assistants run the XO's. He pulled the heart of team together.
Toronto has solid assistants now. Gilmour may be able to pull the heart together. Outside of a couple adds I think this is what we need most.
A bright high level hard working Babs does not seem to be able to get things done in areas of upmost import to a team. Things guys like Shanny and Killer understand.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
The timing is rather suspicious, or completely coincidental, to bring in Gilmour into the Leafs org. Probably have some appearances and talk about the physical game to the players and coaches off the record.

Maybe hes the one guy that gets through to Dubas and Babs about the play from an outsider non threatening but respected way.

Seeing a legendary leaf might be good for morale especially for Marner and Matthews who will be the face of the franchise for the next half decade

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad