Dreger: Dorion met with Duchene's agent today, contract parameters not discussed

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Apparently the meeting was to talk about what Duchene wants, and they need an answer 2 weeks before the TDL.
Also one of the companies involved with the new project to bring the Sens Downtown is in LA, so Dorion was probably meeting with them as well people are speculating.
That would be a Melnyk meeting, not a Dorion meeting

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
That would be a Melnyk meeting, not a Dorion meeting
Duchene wont stay with the current ownership,and I cant say anybody would blame him...Ditto for the rest ,but something has to give sooner or later ...EM doesnt have the money to develop a downtown arena,and we have now heard of a rumored 600+ mil to buy the team....So it remains to be seen what will happen

KnockHobbler

Sep 13, 2018
Sens fan here, Duchene's talented but a bit of a cancer. Don't really care if he's lost for nothing and wasn't crazy about the trade to begin with. Whatever

Hellraising Senator

Feb 15, 2017
Sens fan here, Duchene's talented but a bit of a cancer. Don't really care if he's lost for nothing and wasn't crazy about the trade to begin with. Whatever

How in the world is he a cancer. From what I have heard he is well liked in the dressing room. Complete opposite of your opinion.

Stone is resigning. Duchene is not a guarantee to hit the market though as he has from accounts like the city and the upcoming talent around him. The x factor is the contract. He wants a bonus laden contract. Will Melnyk let Dorion sign him to such a deal.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
How in the world is he a cancer. From what I have heard he is well liked in the dressing room. Complete opposite of your opinion.

Stone is resigning. Duchene is not a guarantee to hit the market though as he has from accounts like the city and the upcoming talent around him. The x factor is the contract. He wants a bonus laden contract. Will Melnyk let Dorion sign him to such a deal.

Maybe that's the problem. Maybe he's well liked but he has a **** attitude and it rubs off on half the team.

and you honestly believe Stone will take 8x7.5m when he could get 9.5x7 on a much better club? Don't you think there's a reason he hasn't started negotiations until 4-5 weeks from the trade deadline?

member 290103

They should trade him. I am sure Dufas would be all over it. He is looking to add top 6 help.

Hellraising Senator

Feb 15, 2017
Maybe that's the problem. Maybe he's well liked but he has a **** attitude and it rubs off on half the team.

and you honestly believe Stone will take 8x7.5m when he could get 9.5x7 on a much better club? Don't you think there's a reason he hasn't started negotiations until 4-5 weeks from the trade deadline?

Your words here are absolutely laughable. Do you even read what you just said?

Regarding Stone..Want to make a avatar bet. You choose my avatar for the season next year and I choose yours based on if Stone is on the Senators roster opening night next sesson

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Given everything that has been said regarding Stone, especially over the last few days, I’d be pretty surprised if he did not have a new contract soon. I’m guessing the All-Star break is going to be busy for Ottawa.

Cynick

Know-Nothing
Dec 24, 2008
Toronto

You can not like the player and want him to not be on the team but, if you like the team, why on Earth would you not care that he walks away for nothing? Especially, when there will be a deadline market of some sort for the player.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
8x8 isn’t a bad opening offer at all. That’s the Couture contract who is a very similar caliber of player and probably the closest comparable. With how Duchene has played this year it’s probably going to need to be higher but it’s at least in the ballpark.

The tricky part for the Sens has always been the signing bonuses and upfront money, Couture for example is at 10, 9, and 9 his first three years. Even a guy like Evander Kane is at 9 million his first year and 8 the second despite having a 7 million AAV.

If Duchene gets an AAV of around 9 I think the Sens could do it, but if he also needs a big signing bonus and 11 his first three years that could be tough, especially considering Stone is likely to get even more.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Toughest part clearly is the sell of the team to Duchene.
Management hasn't exactly been lights out lately and they aren't getting a reward for being one of the worst.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad