Movies: Don't Look Up (Netflix)

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
It was pretty good up to whole canceling the mission thing, about half the movie. There it went from solid if obvious satire to HEY BIG DUMB DUMB ME HIT YOU OVER HEAD WITH THIS CLUB satire and it was pretty boring.

Reactions: Voight

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
I watched like 10 minutes of it then realized I didn't want to waste 2 hours of my life listening to a bunch of phony virtuous holier-than-thou 'tards and their propaganda. Honestly don't think I'm going to go back and watch the thing - looks cheesy as hell.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
I do like Leo (even though I couldn't disagree with his worldview more) - 'Revenant' is probably the greatest movie of the 21st century.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I love the cast and the plot, but the script was so awful I couldn't watch the whole thing.

I told my daily I would like it because Meryl Streep is the best and if she's in a movie you know it will be good. When we turned it off I took that back.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Awesome movie! Definitely going to trigger a portion of society, though.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
How very conservative of you to lay upon me extremely conservative view points.

Leo, and countless others, aren't harping on the average Joe and Jane, they're going after big industry and governments.

You, me, Leo, Bob next door, that ex you don't like, everyone, literally everyone on this planet is bound to the regulatory choices of their governments, and to the manufacturing choices of big industry.

Do you think me, or countless other human beings, want to drive our filthy, CO2 emitting cars? f*** no. Do you think Leo wants to fly in a fuel guzzling jet? Of course not. Unfortunately, the options to what are available pegion hole us when making purchases.

Governments and big industry (especially big industry) have known about the diasterous effects CO2 and other GHG's have on our world for decades. And yet, they have continued to make choices that will do further harm.

Western civilization has bent over backwards to play the "climate change" game. To the point that our lives will be miserable in a couple more decades. Meanwhile, like 40% of the planet lives in India and China, where pollution is rampant. Looking at the most polluted cities on the planet, I don't see any from Western Civilization on here, strangely:

List of most-polluted cities by particulate matter concentration - Wikipedia

If Leo and Streep and Gates et al really wanted to look like they cared, they would move to Calcutta tomorrow and try to make a difference, but they won't.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Looks like Hollywood propaganda crap
Yup.
Do as I say, not as I do is Hollywoods motto.
They are so concerned about climate change as they jet here and there in private jets, have Mega yachts , multiple homes.
State we need to take covid seriousely, wear masks, yet every awards ceremony only the staff is wearing masks and
the actors aren't.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Western civilization has bent over backwards to play the "climate change" game. To the point that our lives will be miserable in a couple more decades. Meanwhile, like 40% of the planet lives in India and China, where pollution is rampant. Looking at the most polluted cities on the planet, I don't see any from Western Civilization on here, strangely:

List of most-polluted cities by particulate matter concentration - Wikipedia

If Leo and Streep and Gates et al really wanted to look like they cared, they would move to Calcutta tomorrow and try to make a difference, but they won't.

I think it'd be pretty difficult to say we've "bent over backwards" to address climate change:

ixEKAXE.png

And yes, human lives will be miserable in future...because of climate change.

Reactions: Eisen

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
I think it'd be pretty difficult to say we've "bent over backwards" to address climate change:

ixEKAXE.png

And yes, human lives will be miserable in future...because of climate change.

Oh, right, I keep forgetting that the planet is going to end, in, like...10 years because of "climate change", right? Who was it that said that again? rofl.

America (I was speaking about Western Civilization in general in my last post, mate) is currently "flat" on its carbon emissions, and will be "flat" going forward. That's not good enough for the hysterics though. We must all suffer, right?

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Oh, right, I keep forgetting that the planet is going to end, in, like...10 years because of "climate change", right? Who was it that said that again? rofl.

Who is saying that the planet will "end" in 10 years?

America (I was speaking about Western Civilization in general in my last post, mate) is currently "flat" on its carbon emissions, and will be "flat" going forward. That's not good enough for the hysterics though. We must all suffer, right?

No it's clearly not good enough. Who says we have to suffer to address climate change? And again, climate change will cause suffering, ignoring it doesn't solve the problem.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
thought it was hilarious. The movie definitely triggered the usual suspects.
But the movie is spot on with how society is now. Half the country believing it’s a hoax and deflecting away from the science.
This is pretty much my reaction. At first I thought it was going to be a serious sci fi action movie then I realized that it was a parody of the world we live in right now. Looking at it with that lens it was well done.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf

Curbing consumption is not suffering.

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Fun movie to watch but refreshing part for me was that the disaster did happen and not some cheesy Hollywood ending. Greed for sure will end us one day I just don't think were anywhere close to that happening anytime soon.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Who is saying that the planet will "end" in 10 years?

No it's clearly not good enough. Who says we have to suffer to address climate change? And again, climate change will cause suffering, ignoring it doesn't solve the problem.

Let me know when India and China's emissions are flat. Then I might actually give a shit.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
What better way to try and slow down other countries industrial revolutions by telling them they are not allowed to access the same cheap resources that got the colonizers into to absolute power. If I were them I would say screw you too.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Curbing consumption is not suffering.

Anyone who's ever tried to lose weight or eat healthily by cutting out their favorite foods/ingredients and limiting their caloric intake might disagree with you. ;)

Reactions: Eisen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad