Don't Hate the Drake: Drake Batherson selected in 4th round (121)

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
This is going to be a big forward group if these prospects hit. Tkachuk + Brown + Batherson + Formenton + Chlapik

I would guess at least 4 of them are locks at the NHL level.. I also think Nurmi (6'04) will be an NHLer.

Gagne, Paul and Novak are all between 6'03 - 6'05.

Tkachuk (6'03) - Brown (6'06) - Batherson (6'02)
Formenton (6'04) - Chlapik (6'02) - Gagne (6'05)
Novak (6'03) - Paul (6'04) - Nurmi (6'04)

They can all skate reasonably well, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I would guess at least 4 of them are locks at the NHL level.. I also think Nurmi (6'04) will be an NHLer.

And a top line of ----- Ryan (6'2") - Duchene (6') - Stone (6'3") --- Duchene would be the smallest guy at forward & White another small 6' could be the 13th forward. :laugh:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

And a top line of ----- Ryan (6'2") - Duchene (6') - Stone (6'3") --- Duchene would be the smallest guy at forward & White another small 6' could be the 13th forward. :laugh:

So I guess you guys aren't big Youngblood fans Thank God there is still a sport for middle-sized white boys.

Reactions: bert and aragorn

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
tV4ZueL.png

I actually lol'd so hard at this. not at the post its a good post, you know why.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Hey now, I love me a middle-sized boy - regardless of race, color or creed!

We also have some great (passable) "lil" guys:

Dzingel (6’0) - Duchene (6’0) - Luchuk (5’10)
Crookshank (5’10)- White (6’0) - Loheit (6’0)
Perron (6’0) - Pageau (5’9) - Sturtz (5’8)
Kelly (5’11) - Leier (5'10)

Not my line... its from the movie...few good guys in the middle sized lineup

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Batherson would like us all to watch Canada - Slovakia Hlinka-Gretzky... Good game lots of skill on display there.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Filthy hands and patience.

I recognize that irrational excitement over prospects inevitably leads to heartbreak, but Batherson is my favourite among this current crop. I'm trying to rationalize the Tkachuk over Zadina pick with the thinking that if Batherson can play the Zadina scoring role, then getting a two way guy with an edge like Tkachuk makes sense for balance.

It wouldn't shock me if Batherson needed 20 games in the AHL to get used to playing against men, but by the end the season I think we are going to have a hard time keeping him out of Ottawa, especially if we have a liquidation sale at the trade deadline. (Welp.)

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I recognize that irrational excitement over prospects inevitably leads to heartbreak, but Batherson is my favourite among this current crop. I'm trying to rationalize the Tkachuk over Zadina pick with the thinking that if Batherson can play the Zadina scoring role, then getting a two way guy with an edge like Tkachuk makes sense for balance.

It wouldn't shock me if Batherson needed 20 games in the AHL to get used to playing against men, but by the end the season I think we are going to have a hard time keeping him out of Ottawa, especially if we have a liquidation sale at the trade deadline. (Welp.)
If everything goes well with our wing prospects (not entirely improbable) we're going to have a massive turnover at wing positions soon. Hopefully Stone stays long term, but then you're looking for space for Batherson, White, Tkachuk, Formenton and hopefully Chlapik. I don't think it's unreasonable at all that those 5 could be NHL players (not necessarily top line players) by next season. I imagine Dzingle is a deadline gonner, but there is one unit we seem to well stocked in.

Reactions: aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I wonder if they will keep Batherson at centre or on the wing in Belleville? I thought he was exceptional at his first camp & was definitely an energy player & he played the wing at that camp. Ottawa could also use a good scoring 3rd line winger in their lineup.

My guess is that Formenton will end up back in London but you never know, the Hunters would be pissed with Ottawa if they kept both Tkachuk & Formenton. Excited to see the young players, finally some positive news for this team.

Speaking of the Hunters, I would love to see them take over for PD & GB here in Ottawa. I would imagine they would make a formidable pair & they might have a revenge factor against the stinking Leafs. Maybe in a yr's time we get Tkachuk, Formenton, Mark & Dale Hunter all at the same time. :thumbu:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Can we just all agree that if this kid pans out, his nickname needs to be a Drake song?

I dunno. Call him "Hotline Bling". Play the song when he scores goals. Do something creative. Just don't call him "Bathy" or some crap.

Reactions: Deku

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Can we just all agree that if this kid pans out, his nickname needs to be a Drake song?

I dunno. Call him "Hotline Bling". Play the song when he scores goals. Do something creative. Just don't call him "Bathy" or some crap.
Sens-sational bathy.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

Drakey?

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa

Not a Drake fan, but my wife likes him. I would go with something like:

Passionfruit
Jumpman
Too Good

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010

Can't stand Drake lol. Or really any of that genre tbh

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad