Don't Hate the Drake: Drake Batherson selected in 4th round (121)

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
NS kid, played for Cape Breton Screaming Eagles. Another kid that grew late - from 5'5" in midget to 6'1" now. Good skill, high character player, plays both ends of the ice well. I am very biased as I know him so my opinion is worthless but GOOD LUCK Drake.

About a PPG player last year in the Q so not an elite prospect but good 2 way player.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
NS kid, played for Cape Breton Screaming Eagles. Another kid that grew late - from 5'5" in midget to 6'1" now. Good skill, high character player, plays both ends of the ice well. I am very biased as I know him so my opinion is worthless but GOOD LUCK Drake.

About a PPG player last year in the Q so not an elite prospect but good 2 way player.

Fast enough to be molded into a Tom Pyatt with his 2-way game?

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
In a weak draft, PD seems to be looking for fast, responsible, and coachable players they believe can be molded to play in the NHL at some point in the bottom-6.

No home run pick yet.

Lucky Luke

Jun 17, 2006
Batherson is a very solid sleeper pick.
The guy has size and skill.
I expect him to be on many contending QMJHL teams' shopping lists come trade season in Dec.-Jan.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
He was an annoying pest against the Olympics in the last playoffs. 7g-3a in 7 games

I like that pick.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
He said he has tie to the Ottawa organisation. His uncle would have played for us in the past

Someone name Dennis Vial i think he said.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
He said he has tie to the Ottawa organisation. His uncle would have played for us in the past

Someone name Dennis Vial i think he said.

Dennis Vial was tough as nails, really good fighter, played when Rick Bonnis was coaching I think. :nod:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Vial was a Sen back in the 1990s, iirc. Tough player.

Sounds like Ottawa is targeting late-bloomers. Kids who still have a ton of potential for growth. Good thinking.

db56

May 19, 2013
novascotia
After watching him play on local cable he is more of a project. He had a good year but I don't know if he have enough to he a regular in the nhl. I think he more like a zack smith type of player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad