Confirmed with Link: Donovan Sebrango signs 3 Year ELC

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
What is the reason he got signed? Does he need to have an ELC to continue playing in the AHL next year? Or is it just to reward him for his development?

Also, that isn't Ijzerman? Wow

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I didn't know what to think about this kid when we drafted him but he's done nothing except exceed expectations of his draft slot since the pick; Being at Canada's WJC u20 camp this year as the only non-first rounder, playing over in Grand Rapids and holding his own.

It's looking like the 2020 draft class isn't as doom and gloom as some users here think, eh?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Yeah what a horribly bad take that was, I knew it was some blowhard that thinks their opinions are good without actually watching players play.
Yeah, I don't really know much about this kid aside from the fact that he's ginger. Quite frankly, most of the people here aren't patient enough with any prospect, they get labeled as elite or busts way too early.

Physical defensive defenseman doesn't really seem like a Stevie pick, but it's good to have at least a couple of those in the pipeline, especially if he can skate.

I happen to like physical defensemen, so I may have to overlook his gingerness.

Hoog

Feb 4, 2021
Kid is tough and competitive, two things sorely lacking in our current parent club. He kind of got "stuck" into the AHL this year and has proven he isn't out of sorts. He isn't getting a ton of minutes, holding his own when he is in there, got his first pro point recently, and his first pro fight recently. I don't know that he's anything more than a very good 3rd liner but I like his style of play for down there, if we get more than hooray for us. Should be fun to watch and interesting to see where he fits in with all the young D-men we have right now.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Kid is tough and competitive, two things sorely lacking in our current parent club. He kind of got "stuck" into the AHL this year and has proven he isn't out of sorts. He isn't getting a ton of minutes, holding his own when he is in there, got his first pro point recently, and his first pro fight recently. I don't know that he's anything more than a very good 3rd liner but I like his style of play for down there, if we get more than hooray for us. Should be fun to watch and interesting to see where he fits in with all the young D-men we have right now.

When I watched he was on a pairing with Lashoff and playing pretty regularly

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
What is the reason he got signed? Does he need to have an ELC to continue playing in the AHL next year? Or is it just to reward him for his development?

I think that's just reward. He has done well at AHL and signing ELC contract will mean signing bonus.

Huge money for that aged.

Also a signal for other prosoects. You do things well and the reward will come.

Reactions: golffuul

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I think that's just reward. He has done well at AHL and signing ELC contract will mean signing bonus.

Huge money for that aged.

Also a signal for other prosoects. You do things well and the reward will come.
Details aren't available on Capfriendly yet because the contract doesn't start until next season but Cholo, Seider, AlJo, and Lindstrom all got $92.5k signing bonus for 3 years.

For a kid his age, yeah, that's a good chunk of money. It will seem like pennies though if he makes the league later on.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
As an aside, these kids don't get contracts as "rewards." They get contracts because they have demonstrated to the parent club that they are worth investing in. They have shown that they are worth further development. Any reward component is secondary to that.

Reactions: TCNorthstars

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad