Donbass Donetsk 2013/2014 season talk

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
http://allhockey.ru/news/181805/

Donbass will not play on Ukraine.

#HCDonbass will continue to play their home games at Bratislava kontinental Hockey League Announces that home games "Donbass" in the Western Conference Semifinal series of the second stage of the Championship of the KHL season # 2013/2014 against "Left" will take place in Bratislava. The ban on games "Donbass" in Donetsk, a previously entered the League due to the unstable political situation in the city remains in effect.

Domenica

Thank God Slovan is out of the play-offs. ;) They would have been hard pressed to find a better place than Slovakia.

I wonder how much money Donbass/KHL is losing that way. Will Slovan's season ticket holders get in the next games for free as well?

swosh

Im pink hair niггa
Jul 3, 2013
Prague
Tickets in Donbass are the cheapest in league. I guess no financial problem for club, if they dont sell it. But it is lost of prestige.

If the ice arena is outside of main square, they could play in Donetsk. Riots in Ukraine seem "discipline" and take place in main square, while u can go shopping nearby. I have info just from TV and twiter.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Thank God Slovan is out of the play-offs. ;) They would have been hard pressed to find a better place than Slovakia.

I wonder how much money Donbass/KHL is losing that way. Will Slovan's season ticket holders get in the next games for free as well?

Sochi?

alce*

No, but my would be irony is nothing compared to this

Yes, I've read this.:) I think it was a joke. Some people have written that Medvedev was a little drunk in that moment.:)

When I read Donbass' letter I wouldn't even think about that KHL would change its mind. Actually my first thought was that Donbass wants to quit KHL and loudly shut the door behind itself, because both ton of the letter and words choosing was too strong and strange.

Some afterthought, if KHL will set team in the Krym then Donbass would have no other choice than quit KHL, wouldn't they?

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
Donbass will likely quit the KHL next season anyway, and not for some political reasons, but simply because this kind of expendeture will be considered indecent in today's Ukrainian economy.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Donbass will likely quit the KHL next season anyway, and not for some political reasons, but simply because this kind of expendeture will be considered indecent in today's Ukrainian economy.

What about Kalmius Arena and Donbass Forum then? :shakehead

BlueBratislava

Nov 7, 2013
I am positively surprised how well is the Donbass-Slovan partnership going in Bratislava so far. Hearing Bratislavians support Donbass with their fan club is pretty cool! Maybe our teams should continue some kind of partnership in the future, like we have with HC Kometa Brno. :handclap:

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org

It's not publicly funded.

The actual issue is how much of this Kolesnikov can afford to pay out of pocket if his graft revenue stream is cut off now that his Donetsk buddies are on the outs.

What about Kalmius Arena and Donbass Forum then? :shakehead

Maybe Akhmetov takes over? Maybe it gets nationalized and auctioned off to another billionaire?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It's not publicly funded.

The actual issue is how much of this Kolesnikov can afford to pay out of pocket if his graft revenue stream is cut off now that his Donetsk buddies are on the outs.

Maybe Akhmetov takes over? Maybe it gets nationalized and auctioned off to another billionaire?

Finnish player agent Jarmo Kork, who is the agent of all the Finns in Donbass, also speculated about the future of the club and of course his clients.

Last edited:

BlueBratislava

Nov 7, 2013
Finnish player agent Jarmo Kork, who is the agent of all the Finns in Donbass, also speculated about the future of the club and the of course his clients.

I find this as very sad news, I as a believer in some kind of Slavic non-political peaceful unity can't believe what is happening in Ukraine and Crymea...because it also affects the KHL. I am horrified terribly by what the both sides are doing to each other, when we joined the KHL I was hoping that more teams from Slavic countries would eventually (within a decade or less) join the KHL, especially the teams from CZ, SK, PL, UA, and former Yugoslavia. Today the reality is opposite and it's only been less than two years. Money rules politics and politics rule the KHL. What can I say? I as a Bratislavian feel proud that we provide second home to Donbass and that people in the stands in Bratislava support Donbass, may this gesture be not forgotten!

pecheq

Aug 5, 2013
Prague, Czech Rep.
I find this as very sad news, I as a believer in some kind of Slavic non-political peaceful unity can't believe what is happening in Ukraine and Crymea...because it also affects the KHL. I am horrified terribly by what the both sides are doing to each other, when we joined the KHL I was hoping that more teams from Slavic countries would eventually (within a decade or less) join the KHL, especially the teams from CZ, SK, PL, UA, and former Yugoslavia. Today the reality is opposite and it's only been less than two years. Money rules politics and politics rule the KHL. What can I say? I as a Bratislavian feel proud that we provide second home to Donbass and that people in the stands in Bratislava support Donbass, may this gesture be not forgotten!

:amazed: What the ******?! You should be ashamed as a Bratislavian and a "Slavic"! Lev Praha is really welcomed in your city. Don't make me laugh...

Babula

May 31, 2012
It's not so difficult to understand, why Slovan fans support Donbass so much...

1) More Slovakian players in Donbass
2) Hc Lev Poprad (still perceived as a fraud at Slovakia)
3) show kind of loyality to Ukraine and help them blow out the biggest rival of Slovan.

IMO

martin1983

Dec 27, 2013
Bratislava
It's not so difficult to understand, why Slovan fans support Donbass so much...

1) More Slovakian players in Donbass
2) Hc Lev Poprad (still perceived as a fraud at Slovakia)
3) show kind of loyality to Ukraine and help them blow out the biggest rival of Slovan.

this is my reason

What the ******?! You should be ashamed as a Bratislavian and a "Slavic"! Lev Praha is really welcomed in your city. Don't make me laugh...

Of course we are the bad ones but let me remind you those articles full of hate before and after every single national game...You can start here and continue through all news / sport servers with cz in the end..

Babula

May 31, 2012
You can start here and continue through all news / sport servers with cz in the end..

Article is not clever enough as a simply joke. Nothing for comment or think about it. And i think normal articles are about sport rivality not about deride SK country.

BlueBratislava

Nov 7, 2013
:amazed: What the ******?! You should be ashamed as a Bratislavian and a "Slavic"! Lev Praha is really welcomed in your city. Don't make me laugh...

The only thing that welcomes Lev in Bratislava is the sign "BRATISLAVA" in Lamač when your are entering the city on the highway that comes from Brno :sarcasm: What makes me obligated to support that fake team that does not live from Czech money? Is your memory seriously short? When Lev played in Poprad they left debts everywhere you look for EVERYTHING including unpaid salaries, and up to this day there is cases in courts all over Eastern Slovakia because of their "business behavior." Those people act like they are a different club and company, but the employees are the same. Bratislavians support Donbass because they have Podhradsky (very popular in his hometown-BA) and Jan Laco, who was the goalie for Lev Poprad when Lev sold all the players and they played with a half-junior team and the older guys saw the last salary in November.
I am a fan of Czech NT and I have many Czech and Moravian friends, but all of those people have enough intelligence and morality not to care about Lev. Slovan is not perfect, and is 25 days late for salaries, but it is a Slovakian team from Slovakian money. Have a nice day :cheers:

pecheq

Aug 5, 2013
Prague, Czech Rep.
The only thing that welcomes Lev in Bratislava is the sign "BRATISLAVA" in Lamač when your are entering the city on the highway that comes from Brno :sarcasm: What makes me obligated to support that fake team that does not live from Czech money? Is your memory seriously short? When Lev played in Poprad they left debts everywhere you look for EVERYTHING including unpaid salaries, and up to this day there is cases in courts all over Eastern Slovakia because of their "business behavior." Those people act like they are a different club and company, but the employees are the same. Bratislavians support Donbass because they have Podhradsky (very popular in his hometown-BA) and Jan Laco, who was the goalie for Lev Poprad when Lev sold all the players and they played with a half-junior team and the older guys saw the last salary in November.
I am a fan of Czech NT and I have many Czech and Moravian friends, but all of those people have enough intelligence and morality not to care about Lev. Slovan is not perfect, and is 25 days late for salaries, but it is a Slovakian team from Slovakian money. Have a nice day :cheers:

Do what you want, welcome who you want. But stop comparing two different clubs, one from Poprad and the other from Praha. You have absolutely no clue. The debts in Slovakia were made by Slovakian companies, the same story like now in Bratislava. Your great Slovakian team from Slovakian money. :sarcasm: Lev is one of the richest clubs in KHL. And successful too. That pisses you off, I know. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad