GDT: Don Sweeney News Conference - 11:30 AM - NESN Plus, NHLN, SN (Canada) - WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I'm just trying to bring an element of reason and an opposing viewpoint to a thread which I think has been a witch hunt for the most part.

No conspiracy here.

agree 100%

From listening to Sweeney, it sounds like they didn't see him as the coach of this team in the future. Definatley agree that there was a difference in personal/philosophy. Sweeney made it clear a few times that he's not deviating from his plan of integrating youth.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Listened to the presser on 98.5; while I'm not enthused about it... and while mostly skeptical, I'll let Sweeney's actions do the talking.

Trading for rentals or doing nothing; he's learned nothing, the Bruins are a mess, and the rebuild is inevitable. He'll be gone shortly after.

Sweeney pulls off some sort of deadline moves that make our fanbase happy both long term/short term, I'll give him some credit.

Patience is wearing thin. And I'm all ready at the point of not being emotionally invested in 90% of this roster.

Keep: Bergeron, Pastrnak, Marchand, Krug
Don't trade high end prospects (unless we get high end prospects back)

Everyone else should be fair game.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I'm at a real low point with this team.

I'm concerned with how long its going to take to get a purge of the front office and how much damage this crew will do in the meantime.

Couldn't be less confident in this front office to bring the team to success again.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I'm just trying to bring an element of reason and an opposing viewpoint to a thread which I think has been a witch hunt for the most part.

No conspiracy here.

It's not a witch-hunt to post logical concerns and frustration. We don't need to jump to there.

The witch-hunt was the firing today. Let's be clear.

1. Tried to hide this presser (timed with parade, no e-mail notifications of firing, no e-mail notifications of presser).
2. Neely doesn't even show up as President.

I'll stick to those to facts and be critical of them with full justification and zero evidence of a witch-hunt.

They fired a coach because the team was 'under performing' which concerns me because I saw a team being coached and at the start of the year backstopped way over their head. Without Rask and Julien's defensive system covering up for the horrible defense and bottom 9 forwards this team is 2nd worst in the NHL.

Now they fired the coach in an attempt to improve this team.

Let me know where any of that is a witch-hunt. Perhaps you weren't referring to me but I wanted to be clear why I am upset with this whole situation.

When they asked Babcock about the firing today, he laughed.

Out here in Vancouver everyone is pointing at the timing and the managements attempt to hide.

They have avoided the media all year...hiding.

The optics don't need a witch-hunt. The optics paint the picture pretty clearly here.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Are we talking about the same Landeskog?

The guy I'm talking about the one that just turned 24 and hasn't even hit his prime yet.

Our opinions differ on Landeskog GD, and that's fair.

I've never been overly impressed. And I think his best days are behind him, even at 24.

I think I'd be more open to it if he was a right-handed shooter. But on a franchise loaded with young left-shot forwards, both on the team and in the system, I don't see why they should cough up a bounty for him.

Heck, they have 2 guys in practice today playing their off-wing. And that is something that this game is trending away from IMO. That extra half-second you need on break-out plays along the wall on your off-wing is killer with the speed of today's game.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
This is the first step, while it is tough to see CJ go, it is what has to happen in the long run.

When the Bruins miss the PO's this year and then possibly again next year who's head is going to roll this time?

It is a long process so strap in tight because it is going to be a tough next 2-3 years.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Everyone needs to take a deep breath and step back....

Let's a relax a bit, this isn't the end of the world.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Ladyfan reported the other night that she could see a bunch of the players had their own water bottles, indicating a cold was working it's way around the locker room. Cassidy seems to be sniffling a lot during his presser too.

If you were a longtime captain of this team and the coach of 10 years got fired that morning and you were going to be practicing with the new coach in charge, would you make sure to get there if you could walk?

I'm sorry maybe I'm misreading that but that seems really fishy to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad