GDT: Don Sweeney News Conference - 11:30 AM - NESN Plus, NHLN, SN (Canada) - WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Here's an easy question:

'Why do thousands of fans get emails reminding them that the new episode of Behind the B's is now on but we don't get one saying the winningest coach in Bruins history was fired and that there is a press conference where the President will be at the Patriots parade to not take the media's questions?'

Well, that's an easy one. The PR team runs the team, apparently.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Welcome back to the Robbie Ftorek, Mike Keenan era of doing business in the Sindenesque mode of business on Causeway. Go to ******** Cam, and now Sweeney too! Having this news conference now, during the parade is indicative as to how this team's front office schemes and doesn't plan. Yeah, "evaluate" this! Now trade Pasta and McAvoy for some dud from the Avs....Sucker!

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
If they are rebuilding, why go buying at the deadline.

Which is where this is headed.

He said they would buy at the deadline if it was a player that could help going forward, not adding deadwood. Sweeney said he was not willing to sacrifice young talent for a rental. This got glossed over while people were lighting the torches and sharpening the pitchforks.

A guy like Landeskog is not a rental.

If the B's add at the deadline it won't be an Antoine Vermette. It will be for a player that they feel can help this year and going forward.

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
I wasn't a fan of Claude coaching this team. BUT he deserved so much better than this garbage. **** management and **** that old miser Jacobs.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Cuz they think y'all are busy at the parade :)

Exactly. Why wasn't I sent an e-mail like I am constantly about ticket sales and crappy boring episodes of players walking the streets?

The winningest coach in Bruins history was fired and no e-mail. A press conference was called by the invisible GM and no e-mail.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
He said they would buy at the deadline if it was a player that could help going forward, not adding deadwood. Sweeney said he was not willing to sacrifice young talent for a rental. This got glossed over while people were lighting the torches and sharpening the pitchforks.

If the B's add at the deadline it won't be an Antoine Vermette. It will be for a player that they feel can help this year and going forward.

That's what I got from it as well - lots of fake news happening in this thread. :laugh:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Having the presser during the Pats Parade is insulting to Claude Julien and the New England Patriots IMO. Talk about hiding in your basement Cam....

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital

We've seen this movie before; the Bruins die in the end.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
I'm not sure what people are not getting?

The organization is taking a public stance that they can make the playoffs. In reality, they are rebuilding, but don't want to admit it for some reason.

They don't want to admit it because they are delusional. It's that simple.

Sweeney thinks the team can do both making the playoffs and rebuilding at the same time, and they are failing miserably at it.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Hearing Jack recap it makes me want to throw a dog.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
ok are we talking about CJ and how you said he can't work the youth in or are we talking about the oilers?

There is a difference between full youth movement and brining in and re-signing many older guys. So after he signs Liles and McQuaid and still has Chara is CJ supposed to say i know you brought in these three vets but I am going with the kids.

doesn't work that way. The lack of youth on the team is based on decisions by the GM and who is signs not on the coach.

There are people that are calling out the team for not going full rebuild, but IMO there is a much larger segment of the fan base (maybe not hardcore) that the B's are competing for with the other Boston teams. I'm not sure a full rebuild works in this market? Right or wrong, I think ownership feels that the franchise needs to remain competitive while they attempt to retool.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
They could use more scoring. Who couldn't.

But even with Duchene, and with this D, this isn't a playoff team.

Agree...still would be tough to make playoffs.

But if you want to rebuild (we have too many prospects/picks) bring in someone that you can build around. I dont want more prospects / picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad