Management Don Sweeney - Media Update ( 7/22/21 )

Deal Law

I would love to QEF your PFIC
Jan 15, 2006
Bucks County, PA
Last season’s winners?
59855ade-6569-4c46-8810-d1a614617b8e_text.gif

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Murphy: Why Has Don Sweeney Been Hesitant On NHL Trade Market?

I know it's Murphy, but I can't say I really disagree with him on this one. Although, maybe he should have opened his mouth and asked Sweeney a tough question. The amount of verbal slight of hand that came out of Sweeney's mouth in that presser was obscene and the press let him get away with it.
That's because the Boston hockey media (except for a couple) are sorely lacking in the subject matter. The on-air media for example (again except for a couple) know shit about hockey, the Bruins, prospects yet they spend the ONE hour a week sounding cocky and acting as though they're informed.
If/when a caller asks a question about the draft or God forbid a certain player in the draft they say "well, I don't follow hockey, so I don't know the answer to that" with a chuckle.
One thing that I truly like about this place, besides the education that I get that I wouldn't be privy to is the fact that we're exposed to every opinion on the subject.
The on air people at 98.5 could learn a lot about all of it if they read here. Also, Boston Sports Radio would improve immensely if they hired the likes of Kirk Ludeke, and Jaffe for a daily 4 hour segment.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Wondering what, if any, impact Sweeney’s decision not to tender qualifying offers to Kase and Ritchie has after stating they’d do so.

Do other players/agents take note of this kind of thing?

All part of the job?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Just watched Kirk Leudeke on with the lovely Sophia on NESN After Hours and he gave them an A for draft

Kirk seemed to focus on the top 2 picks and the last 3 (Mast, Gasseau, and Gallagher)

He appears to have talked to Mast who used the lost OHL season to work on his conditioning and body - and is 6’4 and 215 is comparable to Kevan Miller. He will be in the OHL .

Bob Mckenzie top 100 prospects based on a consensus from NHL evaluators had Mast 97-100.

last 2 drafts Boston added Louhri Mast & Gallagher all good sized and intriguing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad