Management Don Sweeney - Free Agent recap zoom ( 7/28/21 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
That line up is a groin injury away from being in the lottery pick race.
Foligno is not a top 6 forward anymore
Smith belongs on the 3rd line
Grzelcyk is not a top pair D
Reilly is not a top 4 D
Ullmark + Reilly + Forbort is a waste of $11mil. They could get a prime top 5 LD for $11 mil. who could play 26-28min per game.

I gotta give it to Sweeney. He finds always a new way how to screw up with the roster. Wasted $30mil of cap space mostly on a lot of junk in overpaid 4th liners and bottom pair Ds.

We hear the same shit every year and they continue to produce. Having no DK sucks....but we have really good depth and the defense will get fixed if it fails.

We have prospects picks and guys we can trade to make things happen....better then previous years

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I would rather move Jake and Wags and use that cash for a good Left Dee for Mac, than keep waiting for Krech to decide, he has had enough time.

Sounds from the interview like Krech is still thinking about what he wants to do. I expected him to sign before or right after Hall.

I assumed he would excited about playing. Especially after they finally got him some wingers.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I would rather move Jake and Wags and use that cash for a good Left Dee for Mac, than keep waiting for Krech to decide, he has had enough time.

Sounds from the interview like Krech is still thinking about what he wants to do. I expected him to sign before or right after Hall.

I assumed he would excited about playing. Especially after they finally got him some wingers.

my guess is krejci wants like 5 million (thats what hes worth) but boston wants to give him like 3. Now krejci is trying to decide if he should just move home and play for 1 or 2 or stick around in boston and play for 3. My gut tells me hes moving home but sweeney is stringing him along like we need to trade jake before we can give you 5. So hes not saying anything until sweeenet trades jake and offers the money or doesnt trade jake and krejci moves back to prague

Reactions: Gordoff

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
my guess is krejci wants like 5 million (thats what hes worth) but boston wants to give him like 3. Now krejci is trying to decide if he should just move home and play for 1 or 2 or stick around in boston and play for 3. My gut tells me hes moving home.
No way it's the money donny would pay 5 easily I mean he paid almost 4 mil for foligno. What's a mil more for one of the greatest bruin ever . Something else.

Reactions: duffy and Bruinator

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2021-7-28_22-59-38.png

Boston Bruins Salary Cap, Draft Picks, and Player Contracts - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Drunkenfish

Oct 1, 2018
This won't be the final lineup when season starts . Book it 2 times.
You are absolutely right sir! Good god, are you the only positive poster around here. It's like the sky is falling. Peoples thinks that the cap space is unlimited want an all*star line up top to bottom with that 80 millions limit. For my part, i never believe that even with the cap space we have at the begining we compete with Tampa or so but still we never no. In playoff anything can happen and we are not bottom feeder. Other(s) move will probably follow!

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
my guess is krejci wants like 5 million (thats what hes worth) but boston wants to give him like 3. Now krejci is trying to decide if he should just move home and play for 1 or 2 or stick around in boston and play for 3. My gut tells me hes moving home but sweeney is stringing him along like we need to trade jake before we can give you 5. So hes not saying anything until sweeenet trades jake and offers the money or doesnt trade jake and krejci moves back to prague
I think he should sign for 4 and do what the other top guys did and help out the team. Krech has had enough time, get in the game, stop worrying about money, man you made enough. Put the front of the crest as the priority and not your name on the back.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
You are absolutely right sir! Good god, are you the only positive poster around here. It's like the sky is falling. Peoples thinks that the cap space is unlimited want an all*star line up top to bottom with that 80 millions limit. For my part, i never believe that even with the cap space we have at the begining we compete with Tampa or so but still we never no. In playoff anything can happen and we are not bottom feeder. Other(s) move will probably follow!
Yes why panic in july ? Lots of time left to fine tune a roster. Donny has a good pulse on the team hes making some solid moves here

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I think he should sign for 4 and do what the other top guys did and help out the team. Krech has had enough time, get in the game, stop worrying about money, man you made enough. Put the front of the crest as the priority and not your name on the back.

i think sweeney should pay him 5. Krejci rules.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
I ask you Bruin fans, is it a contender line up? Is it a playoff team line up? How confident are you with this team...

No, maybe and not confident.

The lineup that Sweeney has assembled might be a playoff team, but I think that, in the division, Tampa, Florida and Toronto have stronger lineups right now and would place above the Bruins in the end. It’s a wildcard spot or DNQ at this point.

Reactions: BMC

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
He should pay Bergy, Hall, Pasta and Marshy a lot more but they took a discount for the greater good.

Krejci deserves to make what hes worth and to not be criticized if he doesnt want to take a discount to stay. His loyalty to boston to this point is proven. Either boston pays or he retires from the nhl. Hed rather retire and play czech league then wear another nhl jersey. Thats pretty damn cool if you ask me

Furio

you got a bee on your hat
Nov 20, 2018
Naples
Awful lot of pressure to put on Bergeron and that top line to keep producing and carry this team offensively.

Hopefully this is the year that Cassidy finally breaks up the top line from the getgo..

Half the team is new, why not tinker with new line combos??

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

He should get what he deserves. He doesn't owe anyone anything and if the market dictates he deserves X then that's what it is. If he wants to take a small hit to help out the team that's great and he's a better person than me but no way should that be expected of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad