Management Don Sweeney - Free Agent recap zoom ( 7/28/21 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Marchy Bergy Pasta
Hall Foligno Smith
Debrusk Coyle Nosek
Haula Lazar Wagner
Frederic

Grezlyck McAvoy
Reilly Carlo
Forbort Clifton
Zboril

Ullmark
Swayman

I ask you Bruin fans, is it a contender line up? Is it a playoff team line up? How confident are you with this team...

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Marchy Bergy Pasta
Hall Foligno Smith
Debrusk Coyle Nosek
Haula Lazar Wagner
Frederic

Grezlyck McAvoy
Reilly Carlo
Forbort Clifton
Zboril

Ullmark
Swayman

I ask you Bruin fans, is it a contender line up? Is it a playoff team line up? How confident are you with this team...

Add Krejci to this lineup (I'll be stunned if he's not signed) and I think they make the playoffs but aren't a serious contender.

Reactions: Estlin

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Marchy Bergy Pasta
Hall Foligno Smith
Debrusk Coyle Nosek
Haula Lazar Wagner
Frederic

Grezlyck McAvoy
Reilly Carlo
Forbort Clifton
Zboril

Ullmark
Swayman

This won't be the final lineup when season starts . Book it 2 times.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
No Doubt one of the better teams we have had at this point in a season. I will also add we are far from done fine-tuning things either.

Yes, it's me, I'm truly very optimictic for the upcoming season. It started with the draft

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
1 million in cap, how can we put Krejci in this group

DeBrusk is going. Krejci is a 35+. He'll get a low base salary and easily attainable bonuses to get him his money, which will primarily count against next year's cap. (A strategy that has always bit us in the ass and I don't endorse.)

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
DeBrusk is going. Krejci is a 35+. He'll get a low base salary and easily attainable bonuses to get him his money, which will primarily count against next year's cap. (A strategy that has always bit us in the ass and I don't endorse.)
So we trade Debrusk to put Krejci in this line up....and...where is the...dont remember the word Sweeny used, elusiv D?? What he means about that a top 4 LHD? Where is this top 4 LHD Bruins need

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
So we trade Debrusk to put Krejci in this line up....and...where is the...dont remember the word Sweeny used, elusiv D?? What he means about that a top 4 LHD? Where is this top 4 LHD Bruins need

Yeah, I hated almost everything they did today, so please don't take anything I say as an endorsement. LOL.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
I think Sweeney chose DeBrusk (and Foligno/Haula) over Krejci.

where is the...dont remember the word Sweeny used, elusiv D?? What he means about that a top 4 LHD? Where is this top 4 LHD Bruins need
I think a mistake we, as fans, often make is expecting this management group to be consistent and have their actions match their words. After all, this is (largely) the same management group that went on local sports radio in 14-15 and complained about sprinkling their young players (Kessel, Seguin, etc.) around the league and then they proceeded to prematurely trade Hamilton less than a year later.

Neely was adamant that they'd have an "exhaustive search" for the next GM after Chiarelli got canned and all he did was waddle his fat ass 10 feet down the hall to knock on Sweeney's door and promote him. Dom even confirmed that there was no "exhaustive search."

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Marchy Bergy Pasta
Hall Foligno Smith
Debrusk Coyle Nosek
Haula Lazar Wagner
Frederic

Grezlyck McAvoy
Reilly Carlo
Forbort Clifton
Zboril

Ullmark
Swayman

Defense can't compete with TB or NYI. Only way we are contending is if Swayman is the best goalie in the league by a wide margin.

Reactions: Knox Harrington

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Yeah, I hated almost everything they did today, so please don't take anything I say as an endorsement. LOL.
It’s like they remodeled the bathroom while the roof is caving in.

Either they’re playing coy with Krejci and have a plan, or they’ve been caught with their pants down and now have a new gaping hole at center on the 2nd line having just filled the other long-standing hole at wing.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Can they trade for some LTIR crap like Tampa does? I need more than this.

This roster needs Krejci and a top 3 defenseman.

I liked the Haula/Nosek moves and I'm probably OK with Foligno. Forbort was overpayment and I'm already nervous about Ullmark because I'm so high on Swayman.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
“David, it’s Don. You’ve been a huge part of this franchise for a very long time. We’d love to have you back. We believe in this core group and have invested in it with bringing back Taylor. This is what we can offer. We need an answer by end of business on Tuesday, so we can plan accordingly.”

(Aka what needed to happen)

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Marchy Bergy Pasta
Hall Foligno Smith
Debrusk Coyle Nosek
Haula Lazar Wagner
Frederic

Grezlyck McAvoy
Reilly Carlo
Forbort Clifton
Zboril

Ullmark
Swayman

That line up is a groin injury away from being in the lottery pick race.
Foligno is not a top 6 forward anymore
Smith belongs on the 3rd line
Grzelcyk is not a top pair D
Reilly is not a top 4 D
Ullmark + Reilly + Forbort is a waste of $11mil. They could get a prime top 5 LD for $11 mil. who could play 26-28min per game.

I gotta give it to Sweeney. He finds always a new way how to screw up with the roster. Wasted $30mil of cap space mostly on a lot of junk in overpaid 4th liners and bottom pair Ds.

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site
i was expecting a top 4 dman. maybe its coming, but at this point I highly doubt it. Is Forbort an upgrade over Lauzon? im not so sure.
the bottom 6 is better today than it was yesterday.
i dont mind 2 year deal moves. Linus Ullmark is to be determined. could be good, but shaky groin/hips/knees.

Overall, it feels like this was a Plan B type of day. I think Sweeney had bigger plans (based on his conference post exit meetings), but whatever reason, didnt come to fruition.

Babajingo

Probably a better regular season team. More depth. Probably a worse playoff team. Still bad D and G is weaker.

I keep thinking they are going to be competing for the playoffs. If the Habs keep it up, combine that with TB, FLA and TOR. I guess we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad