Lucic
Spooner
Russell
3rd 2019

To edm
Backes
Vaakanainen
Miller or Moore
Every aspect of this, besides the 3rd, is unappealing. Kris russell is way more expensive than either d and definitely worse that Moore. I'd rather have backes than lucic. Vaakanainen looked great before the concussion and there is no reason to bring Spooner back.

dwright5314

Jul 10, 2017
New Hampshire
What can Bruins fans tell me about Dan Vladar?
Very tall, athletic goalie. Pretty raw but having a decent year in the AHL. Went directly into the ECHL from the USHL at 18, hence the reason he's been playing pro hockey for 3 years and is only 21. Probably behind Swayman and Kyle Keyser on the future goalie depth chart but he's very raw and has a lot of potential so he's really a pretty big wild card right now.

Reactions: wintersej

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Very tall, athletic goalie. Pretty raw but having a decent year in the AHL. Went directly into the ECHL from the USHL at 18, hence the reason he's been playing pro hockey for 3 years and is only 21. Probably behind Swayman and Kyle Keyser on the future goalie depth chart but he's very raw and has a lot of potential so he's really a pretty big wild card right now.
Pretty impressive numbers for a 21 year old but I suppose the experience goes a long way.

dwright5314

Jul 10, 2017
New Hampshire
Pretty impressive numbers for a 21 year old but I suppose the experience goes a long way.
He may have the highest potential of any goalie in the system but the B's are being extremely patient, just hoping he continues to learn, plays games and hopefully reaches his potential in the next couple of years.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
He may have the highest potential of any goalie in the system but the B's are being extremely patient, just hoping he continues to learn, plays games and hopefully reaches his potential in the next couple of years.
Would he potentially be available? I’m thinking about Forsbacka-Karlsson + Vladar. What sort of value are we talking about?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
What can Bruins fans tell me about Dan Vladar?

Big. Young and raw. Is a real prospect, but Swayman is probably the teams better prospect. But with goalies who knows. Probably has more value to Boston than EDM given his potential time to readiness matches up well with Rask’s contract and EDM needs something faster.

edit: sorry, you are a Calgary fan.

Last edited:

dwright5314

Jul 10, 2017
New Hampshire
Would he potentially be available? I’m thinking about Forsbacka-Karlsson + Vladar. What sort of value are we talking about?
Both of those players would be available but I just don't see the fit with Edmonton. Other than a RNH/Kelfbom, there really isn't much that would be a great fit for the Bruins.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Both of those players would be available but I just don't see the fit with Edmonton. Other than a RNH/Kelfbom, there really isn't much that would be a great fit for the Bruins.
I’m thinking something around Bennett

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Better passer, more responsible two-way, less physical, less offensive upside
Really, I thought he had more upside than that. Less offensively skilled and less physical than Czarnik, I’d probably have to rethink the Bennett offer.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Better passer, more responsible two-way, less physical, less offensive upside

I disagree on "less offensive upside". JFK is in the NHL at 22. Czarnik was still in college and is now 25. Their upside is different. The hope with Czarnik was that maybe he could be a Tyler Johnson lite. So maybe at 22 they have similar offensive upside, but Czarnik isn't going to reach his and the comparison harms JFK. JFK has a Krejci element to his game. Slow it down and make clever plays as a playmaker. A two way guy you can throw against top lines and he can do some damage the other way is the hope for him. For JFK the question is if the offense comes at a bottom or middle six level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad