Don Maloney Chronology

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
If the Rangers DM gets fired does that mean GMDM can't make any trades with the Rangers anymore?

My dumb question for tonight: How come out of all the players we got from the Rangers we couldn't get our hands on Chris D or Scott Gomez?
I'm being to lazy to think.
Posted via Mobile Device

FutureGM97

Jun 21, 2007
If the Rangers DM gets fired does that mean GMDM can't make any trades with the Rangers anymore?

My dumb question for tonight: How come out of all the players we got from the Rangers we couldn't get our hands on Chris D or Scott Gomez?
I'm being to lazy to think.
Posted via Mobile Device

Because they cost too much money and are not worth their salaries at all. Trust me, you don't want Drury or Gomez on this team when you have guys like Hanzal and Lombardi who are better and much cheaper.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I find it interesting that at trade deadline day - with a bunch of talk of what UFA's might be moved - I never hear Z Michalek mentioned once.

wpgyotes

Bye Bryz
Jul 6, 2006
I find it interesting that at trade deadline day - with a bunch of talk of what UFA's might be moved - I never hear Z Michalek mentioned once.

We're OK with him flying under the radar. ;)

Him and Lombo need to get locked up soon, though...

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Updated - Maloney really bided his time didnt he.. No moves between October 1st and March 3rd unless i've missed something?

Also did we get a 4th with Wolski or not..?

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
The Morris deal involved a conditional pick. It was reported as a 4th in a number of places but I understood it to be a conditional pick.

I don't know what the conditions are,:dunno: probably something to do with whether he signs in Phoenix beyond this year?

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
I forget where I saw it and don't have time to look it up now, but I remember reading it's a 2011 4th that turns into a 2011 3rd if Morris re-signs in Phoenix. Still a good deal, I'd say.

TeamTourigny

Formally TeamTurris & TeamTippet & TeamTocchet
Jan 16, 2007
Vegas
Does anyone else fear that pretty soon other GM's wont field Donny's calls, for fear about how bad their going to get robbed?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Does anyone else fear that pretty soon other GM's wont field Donny's calls, for fear about how bad their going to get robbed?

Mueller is having a solid performance on the stat sheets so the perception of a "win win" scenario might be out there.

Might lead to more inquiries from teams attempting to secure some more of our youth for older more established veterans with upside.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
What are you talking about?
Well you see, there is this trade deadline day thing in the NHL and the Coyotes were very involved in it. As a result there were several picks and players exchanged for other picks and players. These were facilitated by Don Maloney (he's the GM for the Phoenix Coyotes) and thus would be part of his chronology. Since so many moves were made, it's a much larger update than normal. I hope that helps. :sarcasm:

Prentice*

We're OK with him flying under the radar. ;)

Him and Lombo need to get locked up soon, though...

Oh really ? There must be some cash available to lock up Michalek[ two months later]. He has almost 400 blocked shots over a three year period. Tops in NHL !!!

Prentice*

hate to say it, but all 3 teams that were fielded from the nominees were out in the 1st round

Yea, but, without Tippett and Staff, there would not have been a first round with our low salaried team. Tippett brough out the MAX. in just about all Coyote roster players, despite the lack of natual TOP QUALITY TALENT.

He will be Coach of the Year. Hands Down !:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Been meaning to update it again, DM's been a busy guy.

I'll do it when I'm back from Ireland.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad