Don Granato is the worst coach in the nhl.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
I wouldn’t spend a damned dime on the nhl in general these days, but that’s a separate story. I’ll take the high seas over monopolies every day, f*** the billionaires.
I haven't been to a game since 2018, too damned expensive

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I don’t know what’s funnier…that they’re 100% sticking with him next year because they won’t eat his already low end coaching salary…

Or that the, by far, worst coach in the league isn’t even their second worst coach in the last three hires.

But I know both are true.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Yes, and there's also an obvious constant between the pre-Brind'Amour Canes and the current Sabres. There's a one-dimensional/empty calories player who appeared as a 1st liner on both teams.

_____
Thats a whole lot to put on one guy, that has never been nor should be your top guy. Jeff Skinner has his worts but in fairness to him the Sabers sucked for a good while before the trade. The Sabers haven't made the playoff for 8 years before Skinner.

Reactions: sabremike

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I wasn't born this way, but after watching 2 decades of futility on the Bills, and watching the Sabres have cup worthy teams in '99 and 05-07, only to have terrible ownership ruin it all driving the top players away shortly thereafter... Now 13 years without playoffs, multiple top picks under new owners who presented themselves as new blood who would supply the team with all the resources it needs (before cutting everything to the bone)...

After a certain point, you just have to start enjoying the creative ways that the teams screw it all up. Every dysfunctional team is terrible in its own way. There is an art to truly bad management, and you need to appreciate it for what it is. With a different perspective, it can provide a lot more enjoyment that a winning team ever could. Would the Harlem Globetrotters be fun to watch without the bumbling Washington Generals?

Never forget :laugh:

I will say that the Sabres are going to finish about where Vegas picked them to finish going into this season, 11th.

That was because Adams slow played this past offseason, adding very marginal talent, while continuing to count on the youngest team in the league to overachieve.

Very short sighted on his part and he deserves the lion's share of the blame IMO.

Adams is too inexperienced and shouldn't have been hired to begin with. Then again, I'm sure veteran hockey ops guys dont wanna work for Pegula/that tire fire in Buffalo.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The original tank wasn't a terrible idea, other teams have succeed at it. Pittsburgh in the early / mid 2000's brought cups.
The failure wasn't the idea, it was the leadership put in place to implement the idea in to practice. 1st time GM's and coaches over and over and over again. That's on the owner, that's on Terry Pegula, he is the foundation of the repeated failure. He makes the decisions in hiring who is running his hockey club, he has been historical bad at it.

What gets me is between Beane and McDermott hes made competent hires with the Bills and ha said some measure of success as a result.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
TPegs only cares about the Bills and honestly I don’t blame him. He’s got a top 3 QB in the best/most popular sport in America. I wouldn’t think about the Sabres either lol.

pekka55

Dec 21, 2023
What gets me is between Beane and McDermott hes made competent hires with the Bills and ha said some measure of success as a result.
Maybe he just doesn't really care about the NHL and hockey. I mean the money in hockey is peanuts compared to football.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad