Don Granato is the worst coach in the nhl.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Survivor’s log, day 4,755 without playoffs.

Don.. doesn’t seem to know what he’s doing. He’s taken over as lead recently, and while there was initial hope, he’s proved to be a f***ing doofus, not adjusting to anything ever. His team loses early or late, it’s the opponents’ decision, really. Either he isn’t ready to start, or the adversary adjusts and he can’t match- either works. Lotta individual talent, there- no team strategy. They run around like chickens with their heads cut off the moment there’s pressure, and there is no stabilizing force.

These notes brought to you,
By anyone who has watched the Sabres consistently under Don do-nothing Granato.

Terrible coach, remove him yesterday.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
The Sabres are less than the sum of their parts. It’s painful to watch. Same thing in Ottawa.

Exactly. The fact that we’re under the flyers and caps when our top 5 guys are better than their #1 guys- dear lord, our coach is clearly terrible, watch us against Edmonton tonight and we gave up all semblance of a system. We are f***ing winging it out there and calling it professional coaching, it’s wild.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Catch 22 in buffalo. Keep it fun so players stick around. Fun hockey loses games.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
1711082463766.jpeg

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
When a team is destroying your enjoyment of a sport you become indifferent and stop watching. That's pretty much the point where I'm getting to. Still pissed at tonight's total ridiculous embarrassing collapse but not surprised because they always suck when it matters most. I think they're the biggest embarrassment of the NHL at this point.

Again? When did it stop?

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
When a team is destroying your enjoyment of a sport you become indifferent and stop watching. That's pretty much the point where I'm getting to. Still pissed at tonight's total ridiculous embarrassing collapse but not surprised because they always suck when it matters most. I think they're the biggest embarrassment of the NHL at this

I've been watching my team for decades and I've only experienced a full out rebuild in the last couple years.

I'm two years into it, and while I definitely see progress in the big picture, it's bloody excruciating in the present.

I can only imagine how Sabres fans feel.... unless you're one of those weirdos who gets pleasure from pain.

Reactions: DaveG

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
I've been watching my team for decades and I've only experienced a full out rebuild in the last couple years.

I'm two years into it, and while definitely see progress I. The big picture, it's bloody excruciating in the present.

I can only imagine how Sabres fans feel.... unless you're one of those weirdos who gets pleasure from pain.
Haven't really enjoyed this team since Briere/Drury/Miller. Yeah, that long ago. It sucks.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
I'm conditioned to dislike the Sabres, but that iteration of them was so much fun.

Too bad they got into deep injury trouble in 06. There was definitely a path to go all the way.
I'm going to guess - Habs fan?

The 05-07 years, those teams would almost always come through when we needed a goal or win. This team? I don't have a quarter of the confidence in them as I did back then.

If they don't can Granato this offseason I might not be back next year. Adams can take a hike too. Tired of all management associated with this team. I'd call for the firing of Pegula too if I could

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I'm going to guess - Habs fan?

The 05-07 years, those teams would almost always come through when we needed a goal or win. This team? I don't have a quarter of the confidence in them as I did back then.

If they don't can Granato this offseason I might not be back next year. Adams can take a hike too. Tired of all management associated with this team. I'd call for the firing of Pegula too if I could

Bingo. I grew up in the adams division days, so I do remember those rough and tumble Sabres teams in the early 90s.

Then the 98 team drove me nuts. Very pesky and irritating team to play against and a superstar in goal. Guys like peca, Barnaby, Rasmussen, and Grosek are the ones I remember most.

I also remember reading a clipping during the 04 lockout. The Sabres at that time had one of the highest all time winning percentages. I think they were 4th back then. But it Im wrong, I'm certain that I'm not that far off. I wonder where they rank now.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
He sucks for sure.

Fun fact.

Kevyn Adams inexplicably extended Granato in Oct 2022 for 2 years, with his new contract to begin in 2024-25. To do the right thing for the Sabres, he'd have to fire Granato before that contract even takes effect.

What a clown show.

I have no idea how NHL head coaches have conned management teams all over the league into believing they couldn't possibly do the job without having years of cushy job security.

Mike Sullivan's 3 year 16.5 million dollar extension doesn't even start until next season. Like do they not realize a coach shelf life is typically only 2-3 years?

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Bingo. I grew up in the adams division days, so I do remember those rough and tumble Sabres teams in the early 90s.

Then the 98 team drove me nuts. Very pesky and irritating team to play against and a superstar in goal. Guys like peca, Barnaby, Rasmussen, and Grosek are the ones I remember most.

I also remember reading a clipping during the 04 lockout. The Sabres at that time had one of the highest all time winning percentages. I think they were 4th back then. But it Im wrong, I'm certain that I'm not that far off. I wonder where they rank now.
I think it's taken a bit of a hit- lol
The early 90s is when I became a fan of the team, for just that reason. Loved the physical game, plus the speed of Mogilny. The later 90s team definitely overachieved, they rode Hasek's coat tail mostly

They're a far cry from those days now.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
The Sabres are less than the sum of their parts. It’s painful to watch. Same thing in Ottawa.

Losing culture is a real thing. When a franchise is stuck in a rut, losing begets more losing. The players aren’t actively trying to lose games, obviously, but they do become somewhat numb to the losses.

During a broadcast about a month ago, Jordan Staal said Carolina went through the same thing during their 10 year drought. Basically said that they had forgotten they were supposed to be upset, really upset, over losses.

Brindamour took over and changed the culture. Made it clear that playing the game, mistakes are going to happen, losses are going to happen, but how they react to the mistakes/losses is what pushes a player/team to be great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad