Don Cherry & the Coach's Corner | 2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
Amazing how so called hockey fans hate the idea of the players interacting with the fans. The storm surge brings players and fans together for a moment of celebration, so what is the harm. To me the real Jerks are those who condemn the surge. You can bet if it had been your team that did this you’d be praising it

Reactions: breuk

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I love how Don sticks to his guns. Despite the backlash of his Carolina comments he stands by what he believes and does not back pedal.

Well yeah, stubbornness is one of his trademarks.

If he's ever right about something, by golly he's going to crow about it the entire segment. :laugh:

If he's ever wrong about something, he never admits it. Usually you can just tell by Ron's exasperation that Don won't budge.

I'm still blown away at his lack of self-awareness following this latest rant, though. For a man who has as much fun playing dress-up as Don Cherry does, you'd think he of all people would see the irony in his crying over an NHL team doing something "outside the box" for fun and attention.

Axel

Mar 19, 2013
You all criticize, yet you watch him!! :laugh:

I hate (Ryhmes with Dock) Emrick. But I mute him.

Use your remotes!

And they embrace him in Raleigh now! :thumbu:

I've never watched him live before. He happened to just show up on the NHL network, but when he said the Islanders drew 17,000 at the coliseum Thursday for the Toronto game and only 13,000 for Washington on Friday in a place that only fits about 13,900, I assumed he had a few too many shots before he got on camera, lol...

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
I've never watched him live before. He happened to just show up on the NHL network, but when he said the Islanders drew 17,000 at the coliseum Thursday for the Toronto game and only 13,000 for Washington on Friday in a place that only fits about 13,900, I assumed he had a few too many shots before he got on camera, lol...
Don't get me wrong, he's often more mouth than substance these days.

His being off on the capacity of Nassau is a little concerning to be sure.

And I doubt it's shots that caused him to misspeak...

My point is people follow him despite proclaiming to hate him. I'll stop short of making a political statement, but there are certain people I simply can't watch - so I don't.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
His producer Kathy Broderick is taking the blame on that - she misread the attendance charts and told Don

ny2.PNG
nyi1.PNG

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Dear Don, Zaitsev is plus 4 this year and plus 8 last year. Might wanna make the tiniest effort to at least know the stats before you drop them on us.

Goldenshark

Sep 16, 2007
Vacaville

He didn’t just happen to show up, that’s the Hockey Night in Canada broadcast that the NHL Network shows on the weekends. You couldn’t tell they were using the Canadian feed for the games?

NHL Network has been doing that forever, and it’s cool for us in the States because it gives Americans the Canadian perspective of the game.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
such a strange argument. It's a 30 second add-on after the game is complete. It isn't being substituted for "hockey." (If I want watch original programming, I'll watch Netflix, and if Kenny Chesney comes to town, maybe I'll watch that. #weird #umok)

On top of that, does it even make it on TV (or did it before it became "controversial?")?

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
Local broadcasting has shown it from the beginning. I'm not really sure if we've even been on a national broadcast at home so I can't say.
Exactly.

So none of the people bitching about it actually see it unless they go looking for something to bitch about.

Reactions: Ahoy there

Merya

Jokerit & Finland; anti-theist
Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki
I don't watch him. but honestly, he's always been an idiot, a behind the times idiot. Nowadays it's just magnified. I don't think anyone really takes him seriously anymore. He's a demented old man living in the past, who might actually be a elderly sick man exploited by the network for shits and giggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad