Don Cherry & the Coach's Corner | 2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I enjoy Don but I find it funny that he craps on the Canes doing these victory dances while wearing these outthere jackets. It's both a circus act as far as I'm concerned. I'm not saying it's good or bad but you cannot possibly blame these guys while wearing that. Makes no sense to me.

Last edited:

Max Power

Nov 15, 2005
So the leafs decide to wear fancy st pats jerseys and call themselves the St patties leafs for an away game. This is no shot at the leafs, but I can imagine old man don yelling about showboating if any other team showed up in Toronto like that.
I liked what the leafs did here, but it's no different than what the canes do or any of the other noncence the dumb ass incoherently complains about

Healthy DiPietro

Jan 4, 2014
Whaaaa.

Mommy there's posters on the internet and I don't like them!

I am not being forced to read but I don't have the wherewithal and maturity level to control myself and I'm going to be a negative person and complain and act like a baby about it.

I exchanged Cherry with HFBoards and left everything else intact, do you see the irony of what you're saying now? :thumbu:

Merya

Jokerit & Finland; anti-theist
Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki
Do your part to give the Brits what they want for a smooth Brexit and I'll consider sharing :naughty::naughty:

(just do a youtube search and you'll find them)

They don't seem to know whether to pull out or go in, and have gone limp while thinking. Nothing I can do from Finland except facepalm. ;)

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Irony or very strong Kool-Aid ?
Haters gonna hate, I guess.

But, these:

Rock+em+Sock+em+1989.jpg

...were an integral part of my childhood and adolescence. And he's stuck by that same mentality shown in those videos (VHS TAPES!) instead of conforming. And he's not wrong. Well, usually he is not wrong. I can see where he is coming from, and he doesn't sugar coat what he has to say. Which in itself is a rarity in today's PG world. I salute Don Cherry for sticking to his guns. The man is a legend. And a deserving to-be hall of famer.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Haters gonna hate, I guess.

But, these (Rock'em, Sock'em videos) were an integral part of my childhood and adolescence. And he's stuck by that same mentality shown in those videos (VHS TAPES!) instead of conforming. And he's not wrong. Well, usually he is not wrong. I can see where he is coming from, and he doesn't sugar coat what he has to say. Which in itself is a rarity in today's PG world. I salute Don Cherry for sticking to his guns. The man is a legend. And a deserving to-be hall of famer.
Still stuck on that stupid and childish tag of "Haters", are you ?

But then, an integral part of my childhood and adolescence were Cups.

:blush:

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Don should have a fact checker before he goes on the air (unless he's got presidential ambitions).

He claimed that Boston had to fly back and forth between LA and Boston while Montréal had it easy against Toronto.

He's obviously talking about the 1976, 1977, 1978 or 1979 playoffs.

In 1976, while they played against LA in the 1st round, Montréal played against Chicago, and the Bruins lost in the 2nd round against the Flyers.

In 1977, they again played against LA, but Montréal played against St- Louis.

In the 2nd round, they played against the Flyers while Montréal played against the Islanders.

In 1978, Montréal did sweep Toronto in the 2nd round, after playing against Detroit in the 1st round. In the meantime, Boston played against Chicago and the Flyers before meeting Montréal.

In 1979, They did meet in the 2nd round after Montréal had swept the Leafs, but Boston had played the 1st round against the Penguins (a sweep), not against LA.

Nice try, however, to play the "we were tired" card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->