Don Cherry & the Coach's Corner | 2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahoy there

Always in control of my stick
Nov 10, 2018
NC via WI
It seems there's more people that like it because a few people are angry about it than the actual celebrations themselves, which kind of says something about our lovely "Ha Ha You're Mad!" society.
Kind of. There is also the opposite side of this argument though. The "so and so is mad" society so you must stop doing what you're doing immediately. I.e., the snowflakes. I don't believe it's right to purposely (intent) do something because it bothers another. However, that wasn't the case here. In fact, the media made it into what it is. Because they make money off it when it gets people talking.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
It seems there's more people that like it because a few people are angry about it than the actual celebrations themselves, which kind of says something about our lovely "Ha Ha You're Mad!" society.

LOL. If someone is getting mad about something as trivial as a a NHL teams celebration, the societal problem is with them, not the people laughing at them for being mad.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
The NHL needs more Gritty and more stupid post game celebrations.

In all honesty, at the peak of the game's popularity in the mid to late 90s, the atmosphere of the league was a lot more about fun and quirkiness than what it has become lately. Even as late as the Canes SC win in 2006, I don't recall anybody complaining about them having their fun with the whole silliness over Mike Commodore's afro and bathrobe. It seems like a lot of the people who are supposed to be involved in promoting and marketing the game would rather it become a dull dirgey slog like it was baseball or something, than trying to show its uniqueness to prospective new fans.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
In all honesty, at the peak of the game's popularity in the mid to late 90s, the atmosphere of the league was a lot more about fun and quirkiness than what it has become lately. Even as late as the Canes SC win in 2006, I don't recall anybody complaining about them having their fun with the whole silliness over Mike Commodore's afro and bathrobe. It seems like a lot of the people who are supposed to be involved in promoting and marketing the game would rather it become a dull dirgey slog like it was baseball or something, than trying to show its uniqueness to prospective new fans.

Hockey players are bland planks of wood, so it doesn’t surprise me that their attempts at being silly are beyond corny.

I still rather they try to be silly then not.

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
This man says the Canes are too "Look at me"

Fig11.png

Why the comedy just writes itself

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
What's great about this is that both Cherry and the Canes are getting exactly what they want out of this. Cherry says things to get a reaction and to draw more attention to himself, and that's clearly working here. Look how much chatter there is. Canes are getting more attention drawn to them, are getting the fans more engaged because of it, are using this as an "us against the world" type mentality, not to mention selling some shirts.

Really a win-win here.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
That's a lot of words devoted to such a bleh team that you're totally indifferent to.

Seems like a waste of your valuable time that could be spent doing something you actually care about, but if you want your life to be miserable and full of negativity, I'd say you're on the right path, friend.

Case in point.

My whole post went right over your head, I was addressing those who feel the need to insult those that do not like or "enjoy" Carolina's silly celebrations. But carry on with your obtuse attitude.

Reactions: AmbulanceChaser

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
guy "cringes" about "infantile clown show"

later, guy is offended when people call him old and bitter

can't make this stuff up

And "idiots", "stupid" etc. etc. etc.

Guy is also amused at how you have 18k posts on a message board and still don't understand the point of a message board.

Talk about being offended, seems like you are more upset about me, along with others, having no use for "infantile clown shows". You do, enjoy the clown show, I'll enjoy hockey.

Carry on.

Gestalt

Nov 2, 2010
Grapes is right again. If I want to watch hockey I'll watch the NHL, and if the circus is in town maybe I'll watch that. It's that simple.

Reactions: IamNotADancer

Ahoy there

Always in control of my stick
Nov 10, 2018
NC via WI
Grapes is right again. If I want to watch hockey I'll watch the NHL, and if the circus is in town maybe I'll watch that. It's that simple.
such a strange argument. It's a 30 second add-on after the game is complete. It isn't being substituted for "hockey." (If I want watch original programming, I'll watch Netflix, and if Kenny Chesney comes to town, maybe I'll watch that. #weird #umok)

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Case in point.

My whole post went right over your head, I was addressing those who feel the need to insult those that do not like or "enjoy" Carolina's silly celebrations. But carry on with your obtuse attitude.

Why are you still even talking about this?

*I'm indifferent!*

*continues to incessantly talk about topic long after*

Last edited:
Reactions: AHall88

NextYear67

Averaging over a like per post
Mar 2, 2018
GTA
The nurses are looking for Grapes, he is due back at the nursing home.......he's beyond old school..............his suits and opinions, are worse than the canes celebrations...

A guy that dresses like a clown calls a group of men who clown it up after a game to entertain their fans jerks, and he is serious. Can’t make that **** up.

It's ironic that you're mad at him for being mad at them.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Let's be reality, you don't even bother watching the games until the 3 stars of the game are announced, so you wouldn't see the Hurricanes post-game celebrations.

Last edited:

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Why are you still even talking about this?

*I'm indifferent!*

*continues to incessantly talk about topic long after*

I usually respond to people who quote/respond to my posts while they also try to insult me. I assume that's another thing you have a problem with, right?

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
In all honesty, at the peak of the game's popularity in the mid to late 90s, the atmosphere of the league was a lot more about fun and quirkiness than what it has become lately.

It seems to be the same to me. Off ice & quirky has not been a problem and I don't think it annoys the traditionalists at all. That kind of joke they appreciate.

Even as late as the Canes SC win in 2006, I don't recall anybody complaining about them having their fun with the whole silliness over Mike Commodore's afro and bathrobe.

Those two don't seem at all related to the on ice post game celebrations.

zerogoose

Dec 29, 2018
It has no effect on the actual game itself, so to me it's not a big deal. These are franchises, and businesses and all businesses handle public relations differently. Putting on a show for the fans is showing respect to those who pay for the product on the ice. If they start doing dumb antics after every goal like the NFL, then it would be something worth complaining about. But what they do, on their ice, after the final buzzer has gone off? Their business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->