Sportsnet Don Cherry points at Rask for Bruins demise - and also calls out Marchand

Widdlez

Da Broons.
Apr 4, 2011
Go browse other fanbase's boards.

Whenever they lose, there's always a section of fans complaining about the goalie. I've seen it about literally every goalie. Every single fan base argues about this.

Every team's fanbase thinks their goalie can play better when they lose, the refs are against them, and NBC really hates their team and loves whoever they are facing that day.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Kind of interesting, but I see everyone blamed except the top line. Now I'm sure someone reads that and think I'm crazy (and maybe I am), but why are they not getting criticized?

Marchand was held pointless in 40% of the playoff games this year, while Pasta was held pointless in 33% of the playoff games this year. Sure they had eye popping numbers, but they were not consistent.

Pasta - 20pts but only a +2 in 12 games
Marchand - 17pts but only a +4 in 12 games (had 17 giveaways too)

Bergeron was the only one that consistently produced on that line and along with DeBrusk, they're the only two that IMO get little to no blame for these playoffs.

Top line not that good. Other lines bad. D was bad. Tuukka was not good enough.

So basically everyone (but Bergy) sucked, yet they beat Toronto and were in every game with Tampa.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Hmmmm seems I said the same thing, I have told people the Bruins need a goalie who can play under pressure. Rask does fine during the regular season but can't win the big games.

His career playoff numbers are better than his regular season numbers, but don't let facts get in the way.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
His career playoff numbers are better than his regular season numbers, but don't let facts get in the way.

and the team scoring 5 goals in final 3 games doesn`t help, Rask kept those games close, the bodies in front of him did nothing offensively to ease the stress

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Top line not that good. Other lines bad. D was bad. Tuukka was not good enough.

So basically everyone (but Bergy) sucked, yet they beat Toronto and were in every game with Tampa.

Toronto took them 7 games and the nearly didn't even face Tampa lol. The reason they were in the Tampa games is because Rask kept them in it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad