OT: Don Cherry Fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
7529BA7B-9DAF-4EEE-90D0-FF5FF398D928.jpeg

Its the end of an era. Frankly I disagree with the move but I feel like Sportsnet had no choice.

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
He talks about 'you people' coming over to Canada, enjoying our 'milk and honey,' but fails to mention why 'those people' leave their countries: they are occupied by the military for the sole purpose of making a select few even wealthier.

The military is no longer about fighting for freedom. It is now about protecting oil reserves, poppy fields and coup attempts.

Of course that senile bastard is all rah rah about the military.

OfCorsiDid

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
He talks about 'you people' coming over to Canada, enjoying our 'milk and honey,' but fails to mention why 'those people' leave their countries: they are occupied by the military for the sole purpose of making a select few even wealthier.

The military is no longer about fighting for freedom. It is now about protecting oil reserves, poppy fields and coup attempts.

That’s a lot of tinfoil hat nonsense. Say hi to Alex Jones for me.
F0E10769-9992-48DF-B5CD-7DF2585AA501.gif

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Honestly happened about 5-10 years too late. Not for necessarily inflammatory remarks, but being so out of touch with reality for so long. He also can't say what he did in his position , regardless of your opinion on it, so yeah they had no choice.

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
That’s a lot of tinfoil hat nonsense. Say hi to Alex Jones for me.
View attachment 276079
Ignorance like this is why it is so easy for the real criminals to keep getting away with their crimes.

The military industrial complex is not a conspiracy, neither are the coups taking place now in Latin America and the Arab Spring from a few years ago.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I was always a huge Cherry fan over the years but his act became increasingly tough to take. He should have sailed off into the sunset a decade ago.

Wonder if they replace him with Brian Burke.

Reactions: Senor Catface

OfCorsiDid

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Ignorance like this is why it is so easy for the real criminals to keep getting away with their crimes.

The military industrial complex is not a conspiracy, neither are the coups taking place now in Latin America and the Arab Spring from a few years ago.
D9D8396D-35E0-4A76-B1A6-2718A1082C30.gif

Thought we were talking about Don...guess not:help:

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

Who's you people? Who's our? Is there a strong demographic of you people in Mississauga? In downtown Toronto?

His words got chewed up by social media. To no one's surprise.

He hasn't provided anything of substance to the program for some time, so having him out there was eventually going to result in something like this. But that doesn't make it any less gross.

Last edited:
Reactions: Little Fury and AM

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
I was talking about Don. Someone else mentioned Alex Jones.

Mass migration is the result of mass occupation. If he can't include that in his rant, he should shut up.
His political rant shouldn't even occur. He's an old senile jock on a sports channel.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

You need to spend some time researching the deployments of Canada’s military, including at home and abroad where they often assist in disaster relief.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Don Cherry is old and harmless. His comments, while wrong, are as well.

Very disappointed this will end the career of an icon.

He was often wrong but when he was right he was bang on. Often cutting through the BS to just tell it as it is.

f*** all this lame overtly PC bullshit.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Well, it was time for Don to go, he kept his career until aged 85 which is about 40 years longer than a lot of people in Alberta have managed to do.

As for our military, on this day in particular, thanks for defending us against tyrants both past and present and my greatest respect for being the "kings of the blue helmet" with the U.N. for so many decades. Our military has always stood as a shining light in a world that is often so incredibly dark.

My special appreciation to the "Patricians" here in Calgary who have served their country so bravely. Long may you run.

Lest We Forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad