Player Discussion Dominik Kubalik

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Soon to be 28yo who wasn’t qualified by Chicago before his last season with Detroit. Should play on the third line but will be slotted as Debrincat’s replacement for now.

Also, don’t know how he’ll fit in with Norris. They both want to be stationned on the top right circle to hammer pucks home. That’s how he got a majority of his goals last season.
Michalek 2.0

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
Vanilla player who doesn’t really fit anywhere in the lineup. Shoot first guy who doesn’t score a lot, isn’t very good defensively, and doesn’t hit.

He’s a great player to have if you’re a bottom 5 team looking to fill out a roster.

Maybe he’ll prove me wrong but I don’t expect much.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Vanilla player who doesn’t really fit anywhere in the lineup. Shoot first guy who doesn’t score a lot, isn’t very good defensively, and doesn’t hit.

He’s a great player to have if you’re a bottom 5 team looking to fill out a roster.

Maybe he’ll prove me wrong but I don’t expect much.
You just described DJ Smith if he was an NHL player (except for the no hitting part). Should be great.

Last edited:

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
20ish goals like Formenton... could be a good replacement for 3LW

Didn’t he just score 20 while playing with Larkin and getting prime PP time? He’s not scoring the same amount on a 3rd line. Formenton is a much better fit as a 3rd liner.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
He's valuable because Pierre Dorion can go in front of the media and call him a replacement for DeBrincat on the 2nd line. Prepare to hear "20 goal scorer" and "scored almost as many goals as DeBrincat" repeated over and over by Dorion and his media mouthpieces.

Reactions: LudwigVonKarlsson

Emerica

May 29, 2010
He's valuable because Pierre Dorion can go in front of the media and call him a replacement for DeBrincat on the 2nd line. Prepare to hear "20 goal scorer" and "scored almost as many goals as DeBrincat" repeated over and over by Dorion and his media mouthpieces.
Garrioch has already said “He could play a top-line role here” in his article

• Haha
Reactions: Alf Silfversson

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Lets not forget the speed and physical play that Formenton brings and Kulabik won't. Not sure if Kulabik really fits in
That would still be two better players who both produced more individually than everyone we had in the bottom six last yr. It remains to be seen how well Kubalik could do with Norris & Batherson feeding him pucks or Forms who was just getting his NHL career started & had 32 pts as a rookie.
Guy seems fine. Milquetoast.

Probably won’t be here after this year.
You spelled milk wrong. :razz:

Reactions: Mingus Dew

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
Guy seems fine. Milquetoast.

Probably won’t be here after this year.
Me checking the dictionary

giphy.gif

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Lol, you're good at this.

Let me try:

DeBrincat had 27 goals, while Kubalik had 20 goals.
DeBrincat only had 3 more even strength goals than Kubalik (16vs13)
BrBrincat averaged 19mins/game while Kubalik was only at 14:55
Not only that, but DeBrincat was a -31, while Kubalik was a -15 on a worse team
And DeBrincat makes $7.8M, while Kubalik only makes $2.5M
And Kubalik is only 2 years older than DeBrincat

...and you're telling me that they're the ones who gave us a 1st round pick on top???

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
If he wasnt the main piece coming back in the DBC trade I'd honestly be very happy with this acquisition. He fortifies our shallow bottom-6 and seems like an overall likeable guy.

But if we don't go out and get Tarasenko or his equivalent, and Kubalik is forced into our top-6, I'm not a fan.

Reactions: DrEasy and Icelevel

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Let me try:

DeBrincat had 27 goals, while Kubalik had 20 goals.
DeBrincat only had 3 more even strength goals than Kubalik (16vs13)
BrBrincat averaged 19mins/game while Kubalik was only at 14:55
Not only that, but DeBrincat was a -31, while Kubalik was a -15 on a worse team
And DeBrincat makes $7.8M, while Kubalik only makes $2.5M
And Kubalik is only 2 years older than DeBrincat

...and you're telling me that they're the ones who gave us a 1st round pick on top???

So what you're saying is it was incredibly stupid to trade a ton for DeBrincat to pay him 6.4M in cap (9M in real dollars) when we could have just signed Kubalik for 2.5M?

• Haha
Reactions: Agent Zub

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
If he wasnt the main piece coming back in the DBC trade I'd honestly be very happy with this acquisition. He fortifies our shallow bottom-6 and seems like an overall likeable guy.

But if we don't go out and get Tarasenko or his equivalent, and Kubalik is forced into our top-6, I'm not a fan.
Nothing wrong with Kubalik in the top 6. You don't need six stars in the top 6. What we need is better depth. We'll see who we add from here.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
So what you're saying is it was incredibly stupid to trade a ton for DeBrincat to pay him 6.4M in cap (9M in real dollars) when we could have just signed Kubalik for 2.5M?
So what you're saying is that Yzerman was really stupid to trade for DeBrincat than?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
So what you're saying is that Yzerman was really stupid to trade for DeBrincat than?

No I believe DeBrincat is a vastly superior player to Kubalik.

You're the one making the argument Kubalik is as good or better.

Would love to hear you explain how you can believe that while also believing it was a good idea to trade for DeBrincat when Kubalik was available in UFA for pennies on the dollar in comparison.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
No I believe DeBrincat is a vastly superior player to Kubalik.

You're the one making the argument Kubalik is as good or better.

Would love to hear you explain how you can believe that while also believing it was a good idea to trade for DeBrincat when Kubalik was available in UFA for pennies on the dollar in comparison.
I'm not the one who said, it, you're the one who said it.

• Haha
Reactions: Samsquanch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad