Rumor: Dominik Kahun not tendered QO by Buffalo

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
It's like Buffalo seen all these RFAs not getting QOs and wanted in on the party, despite having an obscene amount of cap space

And also despite the fact that his QO was less than $1M and the fact that he played well for Buffalo last year. Even more bewildering when you remember a lot of the Sabres problems stem from their lack of forward depth. But we qualified a much more expensive Montour, who has no place to play in our line-up. Absolute head-scratcher.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrfenn92

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
What tf is Sabres management thinking? They're throwing away an asset that isn't expensive for no reason.

Reactions: Morrison

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
I was impressed by him in pittsburgh. Got almost no pp time, was stuck on the lower lines, and still produced. 27 points in 50 games with pittsburgh, 4 points in 6 games with buffalo.

Surprising since it's cheap to qualify him and there's no way buffalo is deep enough to justify letting him walk.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
A budget team like the Senators could practically build a Vegas-style contender with all the good depth players suddenly available. It wouldn't make much sense over the long term but it would be cool to see.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
He was actually quite good in his short tenure in Buffalo. Seemed like a useful middle six winger.

Oh well, incompetence rules the day.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
He played fairly well and his QO is peanuts. And Buffalo doesn’t have a full roster. Confused by this one.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
He's OK. Definitely a contributor, but don't expect too much.

He's smart and pretty skilled, no doubt he can play in a top 6, be a 3rd wheel on a top line.

I don't get not bringing him back, Buffalo needs all the good young forwards they can get.

He is definitely a 40-45 point player in this league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad