Rumor: Dominik Kahun not tendered QO by Buffalo

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Oilers should be all over this. I bet Leon is in Hollands ear already, these two grew up and played together.

Part of the first wave of German to hit the NHL in the last while.

I’ve like Kahun for awhile this is a bit perplexing.

Yeah I agree with this, Kahun going to Edmonton and having RNH-McDavid and Kahun-Draisaitl on 2 separate lines makes a lot of sense to me.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Yeah I agree with this, Kahun going to Edmonton and having RNH-McDavid and Kahun-Draisaitl on 2 separate lines makes a lot of sense to me.

Where's Yamamoto?

That Honey Badger is what apparently Draisaitl is a product of. Look at their analytics together, they dominated.

In all seriousness rolling out a 2nd line of:

Kahun-Drai-Yamo

That's a good 2nd line. Drai and Yamo have excellent chemistry, that little fella is one of the best forecheckers in the NHL and he's the smallest guy in the NHL. In the game against Boston he won every puck battle against Chara it was crazy to see. He proves that competitive drive is a real quality that equates to NHL success, he competes all out every single shift.

Reactions: DropTheGloves

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Why in the world would he sign with them before tomorrow?

He didn't like their offer and they don't even want to pay him what arbitration would award or make an offer that might come close to that. At this point it's clear he wants more than they want to offer. Might as well go to free agency.

Agreed. The writing is on the wall that Kahun's gone. His agent is saying politically correct things like, "Buffalo is a good fit for him" and "we'll try to work out a deal", but he's gone. There's no reason why he'd re-sign with the Sabres unless they give him the most money/term, and even then, he's not going to choose the Sabres over a team that can compete for the cup this season.

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
Where's Yamamoto?

That Honey Badger is what apparently Draisaitl is a product of. Look at their analytics together, they dominated.

In all seriousness rolling out a 2nd line of:

Kahun-Drai-Yamo

That's a good 2nd line. Drai and Yamo have excellent chemistry, that little fella is one of the best forecheckers in the NHL and he's the smallest guy in the NHL. In the game against Boston he won every puck battle against Chara it was crazy to see. He proves that competitive drive is a real quality that equates to NHL success, he competes all out every single shift.

I would target more Kahun for a third line job if Chiasson isn't traded for a similar sort of cap dump LW but there's no reason not to try he and Drai together in that case. If it works great, if not he still has a home in the bottom six.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

Remember when Penguins fans lost their shit that the Penguins traded a cost controlled Kahun for Sheary and Rodrigues? All 3 of them won't be returning to either team.

Kahun is a good player, though. The other two? Mehhhh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad