Player Discussion Dominik Kahun acquired from Pitt for Sheary and ERod

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
I hate high numbers.

A defense where numbers 3, 4, 5, and 6 are available, forward numbers 12, 15, 25, are available....

Nobody wants those better bunks on the trains anymore it seems....:dunno:
What is this train you speak of ?

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
So the question that's stuck with me is... what's the catch? He's looked good in limited minutes. He takes himself and the puck to more dangerous areas - which clearly they are going to try to coach out of him by tonight's comments.

Literally nothing makes sense on this team. Think about the most logically thing to do, got it? Now do the exact opposite. You have the Sabres the last 10 years.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
So the question that's stuck with me is... what's the catch? He's looked good in limited minutes. He takes himself and the puck to more dangerous areas - which clearly they are going to try to coach out of him by tonight's comments.

tonight’s comments?

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
The thought is that the Pens are against the cap next year with a lot of players to re-sign and couldn’t fit Kahun under the cap. So, since the Pens are going for it, trade him for expiring UFAs that will help you go for the cup this year. That’s speculation, but otherwise why give up on him?

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
The thought is that the Pens are against the cap next year with a lot of players to re-sign and couldn’t fit Kahun under the cap. So, since the Pens are going for it, trade him for expiring UFAs that will help you go for the cup this year. That’s speculation, but otherwise why give up on him?
Maybe they'll get their cap genius back. lol

Reactions: Chainshot

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore

I can only hope Ralph is trying to get Botts fired by not playing his big acquisitions. But I know better.

Reactions: Chainshot

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I can only hope Ralph is trying to get Botts fired by not playing his big acquisitions. But I know better.

spread the word and preach brotha preach! It’s all an elaborate tank for one season and one season only. Krueger knows Botts is meh and that the team would be borderline playoffs at best- midway through the year he figures best course of action is to highlight Botts’ mistakes on our way to one more decently high pick. It explains slow playing Dahlin and insisting on our worst dmen, it explains not going for better lines- like, no Skinner with Eich all f***in year? Bro, that’s gotta be purposeful, hiding your hand for next year level shit- or Kruegers just real dumb, and I find that tough to believe. So he’s safe his first year, wants Botts out, plays towards that, and a solid trade in Kahun has to be.. managed.

Anyways, my conspiracy aside- I liked Kahun earlier this year, wanted a trade for him and pens fans largely said he ain’t leaving, dunno what changed but f*** ya this guy solid, resign please.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
At least there's one bright spot so far in #MeaningfulMarch.

Now give him some minutes and see what he can do at center.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
I am excited to see mediocrity pre mature posting eat crow as he moves forward with the organization :popcorn:
Not to say he isn't going to be a good player moving forward but he's coming from a good team where he was coached properly, also there is the new team factor.
Let's see what he can do for a full season.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Ralph will have him dropping the puck back to the point by next season so enjoy this while you can

Reactions: Sabretooth

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Can't shake hoping he's akin to Miro Satan in how he and the timing of this trade work out.

If he can have a run like Miro did, then it will be the best trade that Botterill has made, for sure. Albeit, right now it of course being Skinner. However, Krueger needs to get him more time with Eichel. He's (Skinner) has woken up as of late. I like Kahun, I like his game and he's a huge upgrade over what we gave up.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
If he can have a run like Miro did, then it will be the best trade that Botterill has made, for sure. Albeit, right now it of course being Skinner. However, Krueger needs to get him more time with Eichel. He's (Skinner) has woken up as of late. I like Kahun, I like his game and he's a huge upgrade over what we gave up.
I think Joki will be his best trade, but I love this trade as well. Kahun+Joki will be a good parting gift from Botts. A 'sorry for f***ing everything up, here's two good players' type of thing.

Reactions: coastal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad