Player Discussion Dominik Kahun acquired from Pitt for Sheary and ERod

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
How can you not love what RK is doing with this franchise. I don’t understand the people that want him gone.
He has value in many areas; rebuilding the team psyche, managing focus, an understanding of European development and the Euro player. But I still question his game strategy preparation, in-game adjustments, some player usage, and his blind spot for Steve Smith.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Sheary got what, half a dozen games with Eichel at the start of his first season in Buffalo? And then never again except in OT.

It's so odd how the front office makes moves and then the coaching staff -- people they oversee -- don't do what we could expect out of them.

In fine tradition, I expect both ERod and Sheary to play well in Pittsburgh and we'll see people wondering why they dealt either.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Sheary got what, half a dozen games with Eichel at the start of his first season in Buffalo? And then never again except in OT.

It's so odd how the front office makes moves and then the coaching staff -- people they oversee -- don't do what we could expect out of them.

In fine tradition, I expect both ERod and Sheary to play well in Pittsburgh and we'll see people wondering why they dealt either.
haha yeah, its almost like having a talented center spine can help replacement level wingers have some success and look more than average as best.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
haha yeah, its almost like having a talented center spine can help replacement level wingers have some success and look more than average as best.

Indeed. I am waiting for the next round of "but he might be good with Eichel" winger proposals this coming summer so we can yet again roll out the LLW-LW-Jack lineup with the RD-RRD behind them.

Reactions: Grinder81

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
I like that number but 13 is what I always wore when I played.

Too bad #55 wasn't available. Anyone else getting a Jochen Hecht vibe? Underrated German that's defensively responsible but can contribute offensively. Can play any forward position and up and down the lineup.

That's a lot for a guy that hasn't played for us yet, but I feel like what I'm hearing about him, is what people might use to describe Jochen.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Too bad #55 wasn't available. Anyone else getting a Jochen Hecht vibe? Underrated German that's defensively responsible but can contribute offensively. Can play any forward position and up and down the lineup.

That's a lot for a guy that hasn't played for us yet, but I feel like what I'm hearing about him, is what people might use to describe Jochen.
Maybe he can switch to #55 on draft day ;)

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo

It just adds to what I said recently about not acquiring Gaudreau. When have we known players to come here and reproduce what they've done elsewhere? And for any length of time(I'm looking at you Bernier)? Or be happy here(I'm looking at you... everyone)?

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Kahun has the makings of the next Derek Plante. High hockey IQ, can finish, good wheels, creative playmaker, overmatched physically. On the Sabres he should be the #2 center.
That is a pretty good comparable.

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011

Kahun is a different type of player. He isnt on Hechts level defensively. But Kahun is more skilled offensively. He is a really good playmaker and has a decent shot. His biggest weakness is, he is undersized. With Hechts body he would be a 2nd line player for sure in my opinion.
Really like Kahun on european ice when the game is not that physical.

Last edited:
Reactions: joshjull

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
He's also worn 21 (Okposo), 72 (TnT), and 74 (Asplund) in the past.

So, it looks like his top 4 choices are taken. Although, with Thompson out for the year, maybe they give him #72.

And I wonder if #42 is an option since Cozens is in juniors...

I hope he gets something like #12 or #25.

I hate high numbers.

A defense where numbers 3, 4, 5, and 6 are available, forward numbers 12, 15, 25, are available....

Nobody wants those better bunks on the trains anymore it seems....:dunno:

Reactions: Moncton man

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce