Speculation: Domi Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Habs fans have been made fun of for far too long about players height to be an acceptable landing spot for Gaudreau. There could be a guy that puts up 400 points in the Q and if he's 5'7" people would go I DUNNO HE'S SMALL ANY 6 FEET TALL CENTRES AVAILABLE?

I figure if Domi goes anywhere it's back to the west. I feel like the Ducks are a good landing spot for him.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
Habs fans have been made fun of for far too long about players height to be an acceptable landing spot for Gaudreau. There could be a guy that puts up 400 points in the Q and if he's 5'7" people would go I DUNNO HE'S SMALL ANY 6 FEET TALL CENTRES AVAILABLE?

I figure if Domi goes anywhere it's back to the west. I feel like the Ducks are a good landing spot for him.
Go to the West. To a team that looks for a 2nd line Center

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Wait, Domi is throwing a fit and demanding a trade because he can't play center because he isn't as good at it as two 20 year olds. Is Gaudreau almost as valuable as that character/leadership?

When did Domi demand a trade?

Jul 6, 2016
I thought that Domi for Kapanen was almost a fair trade. Leafs need to add a second...to go along with the other 3 million seconds we have.

Do the Leafs need another centerman ? Do they have the $$$ to pay Domi ???

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
In a vacuum, Montreal adds but doesn’t make sense for them to gut the future for a guy they can’t talk extension talk and only has 2 years left.

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
In a vacuum, Montreal adds but doesn’t make sense for them to gut the future for a guy they can’t talk extension talk and only has 2 years left.

1 mid value future i wouldn't say they're gutting our future.

TazertoKaner

Jan 14, 2019
Hall-Monahan-Lindholm
Tkachuk-Domi-Dube
Bennett-Backlund-Mangiapane

Solid top 9. Fleury slides in with Gio on a 2nd pairing (hanifan and anderson should be #1 at this point) or with valimaki on 3rd pairing

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
I think habs and flames are just bad trading partners. Pierre McGuire thinks Philly is gonna take a run at Gaudreau and they have much better younger defenseman than the habs.

TazertoKaner

Jan 14, 2019
Issue is Johnny is likely to dip in 2 years.

Montreal has a weird window where some youth is there in areas (Suzuki, kok) but guys close to done (Weber, price). I wouldn’t be surprised if Bergevin makes a final run with his vets. In 2 years, Johnny can bolt and Montreal will be retooling anyways

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Montreal has a weird window where some youth is there in areas (Suzuki, kok) but guys close to done (Weber, price). I wouldn’t be surprised if Bergevin makes a final run with his vets. In 2 years, Johnny can bolt and Montreal will be retooling anyways

I don't see it that way, 33/35 isn't old in terms of having to go for it window. I know its a young league, but IMO its a young league because of the salary cap, teams wanting guys on ELC playing in the NHL.
Weber has proven his game is unchanged with the speed of todays NHL, and 33 isn't that old for a goalie like Price, people talk about Henrik declining, but Henrik is 6'1, and once his athleticism went it was done, Price is 6'3 that just an elite shotblocker.
I don't see a rush to go for it.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
What about something in this water:

:habs
Domi

FOR

:cbj
Korp + Anderson + Nutivaara

- All the Pieces from CLB are available and Domi is open.
- CLB needs an offensive minded 2c, or if they prefer Danault he is open but the price is a bit up
- Fill both team needs, MTL has it's backup for 3 years until Primeau comes out, Anderson to fill the top 6 power forward and Nutivaara for the second pair as an upgrade of Kulak (should be expendable)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad