Feb 10, 2019
To Edm:
Domi rfa ( 6ish mil x 3 years??)
Chiarot 2 years x 3.5 mil

To Mon:
Klefbom 3 years 4.2 mil
Jones 2 years 0.85 mil x 2 years
Puljujarvi rfa (1mil x 1 year?)
Ostap Safin (energetic big body, bottom 6 type Prospect, C level type) had huge praise a year ago but seems to have been supplanted by other forward prospects

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
To Edm:

To Mon:
Klefbom 3 years 4.2 mil
Ostap Safin (energetic big body, bottom 6 type Prospect, C level type) had huge praise a year ago but seems to have been supplanted by other forward prospects

Let’s just say Chiarot and Klefbom are fairing close in value. Obviously I believe most would say the edge goes to Klefbom but by how much? Don’t know!

Puljujarvi if not worth anything close to Domi irregardless of you adding Jones or some C level bottom 6. This is Bargin Bin we are talking about the have a ton of them.

Do I think MB is interested in Puljujarvi, absolutely but it would be picks he is trading as they have a ton. Now if it was Nurse for Domi then the conversation opens up.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Let’s just say Chiarot and Klefbom are fairing close in value. Obviously I believe most would say the edge goes to Klefbom but by how much? Don’t know!

Puljujarvi if not worth anything close to Domi irregardless of you adding Jones or some C level bottom 6. This is Bargin Bin we are talking about the have a ton of them.

Do I think MB is interested in Puljujarvi, absolutely but it would be picks he is trading as they have a ton. Now if it was Nurse for Domi then the conversation opens up.

Uh

did the phrase “Chiarot and Klefbom are fairing close in value” exit your mouth unsarcasically?

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
To Edm:

To Mon:
Klefbom 3 years 4.2 mil
GTFO!

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Klefbom is much better than Chiarot on his own, but the difference between the two isn't Domi. The other pieces are fill-ins that don't really serve a purpose aside from Puljujarvi, and even then I don't think he has much value after the lack of success he's had and bolting to the Liiga.

Overall I think both teams decline. Habs have other options (that are both cheaper in terms of assets and make more sense) to explore to get better on D during the offseason and will need all the offensive punch they can get. Oilers need more depth at forward and may end up trading some of their current defensemen/prospects/picks for a quick boost, but that defenseman won't be Klefbom.

You tried and failed OP, but don't let it get to you.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
To Edm:

To Mon:
Klefbom 3 years 4.2 mil
How about the oilers first overall after lottery for Domi, Chiarot and Kotkaniemi.

Montreal gets a french canadian star that they had been drooling for since Guy Lafleur.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
How about the oilers first overall after lottery for Domi, Chiarot and Kotkaniemi.

Montreal gets a french canadian star that they had been drooling for since Guy Lafleur.
Uh I wouldn't mind doing that trade but why are you after another Center in KK? Wouldn't you want to get a winger instead to play with one of your top two centers?

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Why not just offer Montreal's 6th rounder for Edmonton's package of assets there. Wouldn't have felt any different. Absolutely brutal value.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Klefbom and Jones + crap for 2 better players? Habs pass. BTW Ostap Safin is in the ECHL...so he is pretty far from being even a project at this point in time

Mavrik112

Aug 7, 2020
Regarding the OP: I like the Domi for Klefbom swap. Why not just simplify the trade around those two instead?

Nah. You go ahead and draft Laf. We’re good here.

Chiarot’s pushing 30 and is a career bottom pair D, one good year with Weber doesn’t give him anywhere near that value.

You haven’t watched Chiarot play thus year haven’t you? Guy is insane. Love the player

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
From Montreal's point of view only Klefbom is of interest, but Domi AND Chiarot is too high a price.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Easy pass for Montreal.

Chairot has been rather impressive for the habs.

Montreal needs to add to Chairot, and more specifically a puck moving, offensive d.

Don't care for Jones, nor the prospect despite the cool name.

Puljujarvi wouldn't be a bad player to get, but I think it's more buy cheap and hope you strike gold, no reason for Edmonton to sell that low on him at this point.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
So if we say Klefbom and Max Domi 's RFA rights are similar value (I don't think they're far off). Then the trade is Ben Chiarot for Puljujarvi, Jones, and Safin?

From the Oilers perspective I'd rather have Jones than Chiarot (mostly for potential and cap savings). Then we just throw in Puljujarvi.

You arent going to get many Oilers fans excited here. Especially for an inconsistent guy like Domi who would be our 3C (unless we put him back to wing again).

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Take out Jones and Safin as they add nothing to this proposal. I don't do it from habs perspective. Chiarot was a rock in the Pens series and proved that the regular season was not a fluke. Not interested in trading him.

The entire Oiler D-corps was atrocious and Klefbom was noticeably bad. I would prefer to stay away from Klefbom but understand why Oiler fans would disagree. There is just an unreliability to his game that i don't trust.

Last edited:

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Uh I wouldn't mind doing that trade but why are you after another Center in KK? Wouldn't you want to get a winger instead to play with one of your top two centers?
Well, he brought up a trade with the Habs and that's all they've got that I would want.

I rather trade first overall plus Klefbom for Hedman.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Well, he brought up a trade with the Habs and that's all they've got that I would want.

I rather trade first overall plus Klefbom for Hedman.

I rather have Hedman sign for 1 million to play for the Oilers but I am not sleeping right now so back to reality. TB laughs and lets the rest of the GMs in the league know Holland has gone senile if he offered that

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Easy pass for Montreal.

Chairot has been rather impressive for the habs.

Montreal needs to add to Chairot, and more specifically a puck moving, offensive d.

Don't care for Jones, nor the prospect despite the cool name.

Puljujarvi wouldn't be a bad player to get, but I think it's more buy cheap and hope you strike gold, no reason for Edmonton to sell that low on him at this point.

weird how everyone that plays with Shea Weber or Jeff Petry has career years.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Its not terrible, but Montreal wouldn't really value Jones or Safin, and I doubt they move Domi and Chiarot for Klefbom and Puljujarvi.

weird how everyone that plays with Shea Weber or Jeff Petry has career years.

It is weird considering how many on these boards seem to think Weber has negative value and Petry is 3/4 D-man.

Reactions: Benstheman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad