Domi may not be permitted to play...

High n Wide

Feb 24, 2015
St. Louis
Kakko has type 1 diabetes too and the Rangers organization has said he’s playing.
Type 1 diabetes (especially in a young professional athlete) does not present any risk.

What are you talking about? Diabetes is an autoimmune disease which is a huge factor with Covid-19 (and anything else affecting the immune system). This is objectively incorrect.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
What are you talking about? Diabetes is an autoimmune disease which is a huge factor with Covid-19 (and anything else affecting the immune system). This is objectively incorrect.

We know Diabetes is a risk factor but can we actually quantity this added risk?

Looking forward to seroprevalence survey results of NHL players & staff.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Kakko has type 1 diabetes too and the Rangers organization has said he’s playing.
Type 1 diabetes (especially in a young professional athlete) does not present any risk.

Do you have any support to this claim? I'm reading this post with an open mind, and I'm genuinely interested to see if this is true.

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Is it any more dangerous for him to be playing in the bubble than it would be for him to continue living, shopping, exercising, etc at home?
Probably a little bit, lining up at faceoff and having a guy breathing on him, having guys coughing and clearing there throats on the bench etc

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Haven't heard anything about young and otherwise healthy and well-managed type 1 diabetics being at any increased risk. Any info on that? I assume if the diabetes is type 1 and well-controlled there's no medical difference between him and an otherwise identical person without diabetes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad