Confirmed with Link: Dom Simon Likely Not Receiving Qualifying Offer

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I don't think there is any realistic chance we sign Sheary.
0372752d6a0db944adf8934097187e38_a..gif

Reactions: Mario_is_BACK!!

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
22 year old winger? 2018? LOL
I almost forgot about this debacle. PHN misinterpreted an Instagram comment, then proceeded to use their misinterpretation as a source for a rumor that Duclair was soon to be a Penguin. They were the first to break the story!

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Surprising.

He wasn't a world beater or anything. However, good teams have players like him further down the lineup.

EDIT: Although, there probably wasn't room for him after Sceviour and Kapanen, and possibly Sheary.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I feel like it's written in this thread, but man am i tired/lazy right now. Didn't this happen w/ TK before where we didn't qualify but then signed him. Is it possible for the same action here? No QO, he becomes a UFA, Pens sign him for 900k or something silly.

Reactions: EightyOne

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I feel like it's written in this thread, but man am i tired/lazy right now. Didn't this happen w/ TK before where we didn't qualify but then signed him. Is it possible for the same action here? No QO, he becomes a UFA, Pens sign him for 900k or something silly.

We didn’t qualify Sheehan then signed him. If it’s the same case they obviously have talked and agreed about it.

Although Simon could get more money elsewhere than what we could give him which can be important especially at his low level earnings (relative to the NHL).

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I get the sentiment, but generally I'm really not a fan of 3M+ fourth line players when the third line is a mess and more specifically the BART Line proved to be BARF in the playoffs.

Sweet so let’s make it worse with Scevior lol

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Sceviour is a pretty solid bottom line winger. He's definitely in the Tanev mold.

yeah he’s a fine player. I liked him in Dallas. Haven’t watched him much in Florida. My point was if BART sucked in playoffs, adding in Scevior instead of Tanev doesn’t make that line better.

Reactions: Pens x

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
yeah he’s a fine player. I liked him in Dallas. Haven’t watched him much in Florida. My point was if BART sucked in playoffs, adding in Scevior instead of Tanev doesn’t make that line better.

But, realistically I think we will see a winger or 3C added to the roster in season, so I don't think it should be a problem. Or even prior to the season.

I think O'Connor or Poulin will be a regular by the end of the season and Lafferty as well if we resign him.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
But, realistically I think we will see a winger or 3C added to the roster in season, so I don't think it should be a problem. Or even prior to the season.

I think O'Connor or Poulin will be a regular by the end of the season and Lafferty as well if we resign him.

I hope you’re right because as it stands, this bottom 6 is major meh.

Top 6 should be lethal if chemistry is there.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I hope you’re right because as it stands, this bottom 6 is major meh.

Top 6 should be lethal if chemistry is there.

I don’t know if I agree with that. I think if we build an offensive L3 with Bleuger and a fast scrap forechecking line with Tanev - McCann - Sceviour for L4 we’d have a solid bottom six.

Say we add in Smith.

Poulin / O’Connor - Bleuger - Smith
Tanev - McCann - Sceviour

That is a Penguins bottom six. Fast, feisty and some skill.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shady Machine

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
You do you Pens x. I saw you were lamenting the fact we took Jordan Staal in 2006 a couple posts ago so I mean who gives a shit.
I just feel like you drink the Pens kool aid more than anyone on these boards. That’s a pretty average, at best, bottom six.

For the record, I have no issue with not qualifying Simon. Sullivan played him above his abilities.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I just feel like you drink the Pens kool aid more than anyone on these boards. That’s a pretty average, at best, bottom six.

For the record, I have no issue with not qualifying Simon. Sullivan played him above his abilities.

I was on the fire Rutherford train in 2015. You as per usual have no clue what you're talking about.

I was viewed as one of the more negative posters on here until everyone decided winning two cups was the worst thing that ever happened to this team.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
I would love to be proven very wrong, but I'm surprised to see the number of posters who are penciling O'Connor into the lineup right away. Not just in this thread, but others too.

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
This is exactly it. Simon's ask was probably too high for their comfort, and they're scared of being stuck paying a luxury too much money.

I'd much rather let Simon walk and give more chances to guys like Poulin (who I think is much more likely to make the team without Simon here) and O'Connor over paying Simon more money than he's worth.
I agree, but then why acquire Sceviour? Guy just pushes more players who have earned a look further down in the lineup.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I was on the fire Rutherford train in 2015. You as per usual have no clue what you're talking about.

I was viewed as one of the more negative posters on here until everyone decided winning two cups was the worst thing that ever happened to this team.
That’s fine that you felt differently 5 years ago, but do you think someone shouldn’t be criticized because the team won back to back cups now 3 years ago? A lot of his defining trades happened five years ago, and he’s been awful since July 2017.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad