Confirmed with Link: Dom Simon Likely Not Receiving Qualifying Offer

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Yes, you do. Giving Sullivan the option of at least two wingers we know can play with Crosby is a good thing.
I guess, you can. 33 years old Sid can handle a winger like Simon and still you have a semi-decent line. But there is no point to be average, you are not gonna win a Cup with Simon on the 1st line. Maybe if Sid were 23, but not now. Simon also might not even be the same definition of average, coming of a major surgery. It really makes sense to let him go, sorry to say that.

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
I guess, you can. 33 years old Sid can handle a winger like Simon and still you have a semi-decent line. But there is no point to be average, you are not gonna win a Cup with Simon on the 1st line. Maybe if Sid were 23, but not now. Simon also might not even be the same definition of average, coming of a major surgery. It really makes sense to let him go, sorry to say that.
If you're not going to win a Cup with a winger who has chemistry with Sid, you're not going to win the Cup with a winger who doesn't have chemistry with Sid on the 1st line either.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I don't think Simon's really borderline either, he's just not the greatest fit on this team anymore.

But I think it's probably a moot point and that he'll end up going back to the Extraliga if he doesn't get signed in the next few weeks.

Don’t be surprised to see Simon on the Caps if he becomes a free agent...

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I dunno, I'd bet he's gonna field offers from anyone in any league. And one of the bigger Extraliga teams (Sparta, Kometa Brno, etc.) might be willing to shell out more money for him than he'd get in the NHL right now, if he's not going to get his 1.5 mill.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
The thing is, he's not physical enough for a bottom 6, Auf. He's got great vision and smarts, but his shot is way below average, so he's not going to be a player that puts up goals, but if you pair him with someone with a "shoot-first" mentality, he can be quite productive.

He's got lots of tools minus the shot to be a legit top 6 player, but as is, he's just not good enough for the Pens top 6 because of that single big lack.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Two questions:

1.) Are the players having emotional breakdowns like they did when Hagelin was traded?
2.) Who will now be the player the analytic geeks slobber over?

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
The Rangers could really use help in their bottom-6. Is Simon an effective 3rd or 4th liner? He’s listed as a C but has been playing W?

Not an NHL center.

Crosby(who missed like 40% of the season) factored into exactly 50% of his points last season so I wouldn’t take his point production at face value.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
The thing is, he's not physical enough for a bottom 6, Auf. He's got great vision and smarts, but his shot is way below average, so he's not going to be a player that puts up goals, but if you pair him with someone with a "shoot-first" mentality, he can be quite productive.

He's got lots of tools minus the shot to be a legit top 6 player, but as is, he's just not good enough for the Pens top 6 because of that single big lack.

I don’t think the shot is the only thing holding him back in the sense that the rest of his game doesn’t make his shot worth putting up with. He does things well but I’m not sure an average shot would turn him into a top 6 player. His lack of production away from Crosby makes me think he’s likely just not a top 6 winger. I’m surprised JR couldn’t at least trade him for a 5th or something, though.

Two questions:

1.) Are the players having emotional breakdowns like they did when Hagelin was traded?
2.) Who will now be the player the analytic geeks slobber over?

1) I assume Sullivan is this time.
2) ZAR who I also hope is gone and I like analytics.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I like Simon as a 4th liner, mayyyybe a third wheel on a good/strong 3rd line, but here that could never happen. He'd be back with Sid at the drop of a hat.

Better to just move on.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

Just wondering because I saw someone mentioned he was decent defensively and in possession. Our bottom-6 spends the entire night in their own zone lol.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Just wondering because I saw someone mentioned he was decent defensively and in possession. Our bottom-6 spends the entire night in their own zone lol.

It's not the worst idea, I think, because Simon's pretty good in transition (if I remember the stats correctly), but if you don't have someone else to either finish or start the play, he's not as much use as his stats might look.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad