Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
he had clearly lost the team

bring back tony sparano!

94973972_crop_650x440.jpg

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Hey Tannehill, if you keep losing and going 19-44 you won't be collecting any kind of paycheck.

He's been dreadful, he has no business being a dink like that (if that report is accurate, of course)

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Should have been done a long time go. He had to go.

Lazor staying on? Will Campbell force him to give Miller the ball?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com...hins-had-been-mounting-for-weeks-in-practice/

On Saturday during practice, Tannehill, after a couple of practice squad players forced turnovers, Tannehill made negative comments toward them, including saying: “Enjoy your practice squad paycheck, enjoy your practice squad trophy.”

Philbin told the practice squad players to take it easy on Tannehill to not affect the young quarterback’s confidence.

Wow ,, What a punk

And how does a coach tell guys who are trying to impress and earn NFL jobs to "Take it easy"?

Sounds like a rotten locker room/clubhouse

Last edited:

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
Second year in a row that a head coach has been fired after losing the London game. Last year was Dennis Allen who is perhaps the only head coach that might be even worse than Joe Philbin.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I can understand getting angry over a bad practice. I'm sure he's not the first or last. But the fact the ****ing coaches were telling guys to "take it easy" on him is a bad, bad sign. That and the fact Tannehill reacted the way he did.

Campbell's claims of what he believed was a country club atmosphere seems to be correct.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I can understand getting angry over a bad practice. I'm sure he's not the first or last. But the fact the ****ing coaches were telling guys to "take it easy" on him is a bad, bad sign. That and the fact Tannehill reacted the way he did.

Campbell's claims of what he believed was a country club atmosphere seems to be correct.

Hell yeah it creates a terrible atmosphere in the locker room.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Or on Tannehill in which practice turnovers hurt his confidence. That's what practice is.

Some here were saying he's the most underrated QB in the league, the guy had the 4th lowest yard per completion average out of all QB's last season, he's the king of the check-down throws.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell

Sadly, I'm afraid that as long as that clown Ross is the owner, things will never truly get better.

As for Tannehill, I was truly shocked at what came out today. Up to now he has been known as a very good teammate & has been very good in the community as well. Really disappointing to hear this kind of thing. Hopefully, he will take this & learn & grow from it.

Last edited:

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Joe Philbin tells reporter his job is safe. Less than 24 hours after, he's canned.

I told my brother it would happen. That said, removing Philbin doesn't solve the problem... they just removed one part of the problem.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Campbell is a Parcells guy. At first glance looks in over his head, but you never know, maybe he gives them a kick in the pants. Way too much talent on that team to be floundering the way they are.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Stephen Ross cares more about Michigan than Miami. The only NFL offer I think Harbaugh would have entertained was Miami. A talented team that needs structure and a shot in the arm. Just like the Nolan/Singletary era 49ers. Ross would rather see him coach his Wolverines though.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The defense outright revolted against their coordinator, our QB is apparently now a major ***hole who needs to be coddled by a weak atmosphere that is the exact opposite of what a football team should be looking for and top it all off, our prized D-Lineman who has done nothing is slated to make almost ****ing 30 million dollars next season.

I'm really beginning to think poor Campbell is being set up for failure with all the stuff that's come out in the last 8 or so hours. I think it would be even worse if Philbin wasn't a man of character as he'd probably air all the dirty laundry. (Say what you want about him as a coach, at least he's a decent human being.)

It's almost like watching the Niners collapse from the inside. Except the Niners at least had championship potential whereas the Dolphins are now just going nowhere fast instead of just going nowhere.

Last edited:

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I'm surprised they canned the DC and kept the OC. I feel like the defense has underperformed because of the players (I'm looking at you, Suh), whereas the offense has struggled because of play selection. Miller is a talented RB, but does he even have more than 50 touches this year?

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com...hins-had-been-mounting-for-weeks-in-practice/

On Saturday during practice, Tannehill, after a couple of practice squad players forced turnovers, Tannehill made negative comments toward them, including saying: “Enjoy your practice squad paycheck, enjoy your practice squad trophy.â€

Philbin told the practice squad players to take it easy on Tannehill to not affect the young quarterback’s confidence.

Apparently their QB has the mental toughness of Play Doh. :popcorn:

I don't doubt that Ross cares more about Michigan, the business school is only named after himself, but he can't own a public university's football team. ;)

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Apparently now sources within the Dolphins (players and coaches alike) are saying the Tannehill stuff is bunk.

Not sure if i buy that, even as a Dolphins fan.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Apparently now sources within the Dolphins (players and coaches alike) are saying the Tannehill stuff is bunk.

Not sure if i buy that, even as a Dolphins fan.

I wouldn't. Campbell has enough on his plate to deal with. Team is trying to rally around him. Only thing they can do.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
It's about damn time. Campbell seems to have some fire in him, I want to see that translate onto the field. Interested to see what kind of practice he has though. If I was him, I would not be happy at all with how the team has played. I love this move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad