Dolphins fire HC Joe Philbin - Dan Campbell is the interim HC

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Let's see;

Living on past glories in hopes of one day returning to relevance; check

Incompetent coaches; check

Owner who is a moron and has no sack; Check.

Continuing to overpay free agents in hopes of meeting step 1; check

Dear god, we actually are the Oilers.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I could see that just because he has the name "Shula"

You would think teams learned their lesson after Dave Shula...

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Oh please. A significant raise and your own team? Sure.

McDaniels will almost certainly get the Patriots job when Belichick retires. Now granted, that may end up being a curse more than a blessing, but still.....

And honestly as a Dolphins fan I don't really want him. Still think he's massively overrated as both a football mind and a guy who can be a head coach.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
McDaniels will almost certainly get the Patriots job when Belichick retires. Now granted, that may end up being a curse more than a blessing, but still.....

And honestly as a Dolphins fan I don't really want him. Still think he's massively overrated as both a football mind and a guy who can be a head coach.

+1

Rather look elsewhere.

Hoping it could be Campbell, but I think Ross will try to sign some big name guy.

Patrice37

Jul 19, 2006
Oh please. A significant raise and your own team? Sure.

A significant raise to a position that is basically guaranteed to fail again? Sure.

McDaniels is in a fantastic spot right now, he is essentially BB's right hand man and is hand-picked to succeed him when the time comes. He runs an extremely successful offense with the best quarterback of all time on a team that is consistently competing for the Super Bowl. Sure, I bet he wants to give that up for the Miami job, who wouldn't?

Ozamataz Buckshank

Oct 7, 2010
Massachusetts
A significant raise to a position that is basically guaranteed to fail again? Sure.

McDaniels is in a fantastic spot right now, he is essentially BB's right hand man and is hand-picked to succeed him when the time comes. He runs an extremely successful offense with the best quarterback of all time on a team that is consistently competing for the Super Bowl. Sure, I bet he wants to give that up for the Miami job, who wouldn't?

McDaniels won't be looking as good in a couple years when he doesn't have Brady anymore, so he has to strike while the iron is hot rather than waiting for the promised HC job in New England

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Turns out the source on the Tannehill source is legit (SI contributor/BBC dude) but the person he got his info from? Miko Grimes. AKA; the bat**** crazy wife of starting CB Brent Grimes. It's worth noting that she was arrested after the Bills game last week for headbutting a cop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad