Dolphins fire HC Joe Philbin - Dan Campbell is the interim HC

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
https://www.facebook.com/AdamSchefter/posts/1032512056801435

As of last night, the Dolphins were preparing to fire head coach Joe Philbin, per league sources. Dolphins owner Stephen Ross always could change his mind, but the organization was preparing to make a move as soon as today, per sources. Should Ross follow through with his plan, Dolphins tight ends coach Dan Campbell would be the leading candidate to become the interim head coach and replace Philbin.

Make this the Joe Philbin watch thread if you will.

Last edited:

dma0034

Jun 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Pretty much everyone knew he was gone last week but the Dolphins wanted to wait for the bye/post-London game.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Dan Campbell? The guy that just was playing like 5 years ago? That Dan Campbell? Wow.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Sun Sentinal is confirming it right now along with Schefter.

Doesn't matter.....lost season. I wanted that loser gone two years ago.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Should have been gone after the Dolphins imploded in 2013.

Now the question is do things get worse? Campbell is part of the old regime. This concerns me in the fact the players don't seem to want anything to do with anything from the old regime.

I will say Campbell did a damn good job at coaching his guys. Charles Clay, Dion Sims, this Stoneburner dude and even Jordan Cameron have all done pretty well under him.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Should have been gone after the Dolphins imploded in 2013.

Now the question is do things get worse? Campbell is part of the old regime. This concerns me in the fact the players don't seem to want anything to do with anything from the old regime.

I will say Campbell did a damn good job at coaching his guys. Charles Clay, Dion Sims, this Stoneburner dude and even Jordan Cameron have all done pretty well under him.

They have no choice. Everyone worth anything is already locked into jobs elsewhere. Campbell's apparently a hard ass, so maybe he'll at least send a message or two.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com...hins-had-been-mounting-for-weeks-in-practice/

On Saturday during practice, Tannehill, after a couple of practice squad players forced turnovers, Tannehill made negative comments toward them, including saying: “Enjoy your practice squad paycheck, enjoy your practice squad trophy.â€

Philbin told the practice squad players to take it easy on Tannehill to not affect the young quarterback’s confidence.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
''The guys are playing hard, but they aren't competing like they should be.''

No idea how you can be doing one but not the other.

He's got the coach speak down. Say a lot without saying anything. I don't think the Dolphins have played hard at all except maybe a few players.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com...hins-had-been-mounting-for-weeks-in-practice/

On Saturday during practice, Tannehill, after a couple of practice squad players forced turnovers, Tannehill made negative comments toward them, including saying: “Enjoy your practice squad paycheck, enjoy your practice squad trophy.â€

Philbin told the practice squad players to take it easy on Tannehill to not affect the young quarterback’s confidence.

Damn. Maybe those practice squad guys should be in the line up.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
That is pathetic if actually true. Instead of inspiring competition, Philbin tells them to take it easy on the baby. Seriously, i like Tannehill, but be a ****ing man in that situation and admit to your mistakes (the INTs.)

As i said in regards to Campbell, i got a bad feeling the dysfunction on that team runs a lot deeper than Philbin. Someone else alluded to that as well.

Edit: If you go back to when the Dolphins were on Hard Knocks, Tannehill almost came off like he had a sense of entitlement since he held out and threatened to go back into the draft. I just assumed that was just a player trying to get a piece of the pie, but now i wonder.

Edit 2: Kevin Coyle was also shown the door. Bill Lazor is staying.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad