• Chris Kreider

• Alexis Lafreniere

• Ryan Stone

• Artemis Panarin

• Barclay Goodrow

• Dryden Hunts

• Ryan Reavo

• Greg McEggs

• forget who tf the other 4th liners are who lmao gettinger? brodzinki? who else?

• Ryan Lindgren

• Jacob Tuba

• KAndre Miller

• Braden Schneider

• Mac Jones

• Labor Hajek

Results are only viewable after voting.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
It was. He's also done fill in work on radio and even TV for NYR. (and also a host of noted former MSG talk show Talk of Our Town which birthed my love for watching/listening to call in radio/TV programs.)

I was watching the stream without sound for the most part so I don't know what he was saying
I mean in terms of the actual PBP work, I think he did a very good job. It was clear however that their game prep included lots of focus on how high-powered Florida's offense was and how dangerous they are, because both he and Boucher (who sucks) kept referencing it--and at weird times. It was kind of like how NBC broadcasts were when Crosby or Ovechkin were playing, and you'd just have Doc and Edzo or whoever babbling endlessly about how good those guys are, even when their team is losing and they're on the bench with like 2 minutes left. LOL.

To the booth's credit they did eventually get around to talking about how the Rangers kind of hit Florida in the mouth and made it too hard for them to play; I think it was Boucher who even said he has concerns about whether Florida can win in the playoffs because of the type of thing he was seeing the Rangers do, which was "make it hard to play."

They weren't bad in a technical sense, just way too Florida-focused.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Talking about hyping a team. The Pens have been incredible going on a 22 -5 run putting them in a position for top honors in the Met division. But have now suddenly lost their last 4 games. Alright granted they got points in 3 of those 4 losses but still, they were all home games. Can't say I'm not happy about their recent return to reality. LOL

To put that 22-5 run in perspective, that's Shesty's record so far this season. LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
It was. He's also done fill in work on radio and even TV for NYR. (and also a host of noted former MSG talk show Talk of Our Town which birthed my love for watching/listening to call in radio/TV programs.)

I was watching the stream without sound for the most part so I don't know what he was saying
That Florida is an offensive powerhouse who can break out any moment. That Florida is extremely skilled top to bottom, implying more skill through the lineup than us (likely true as well looking at our current bottom 6 in comparison, doesn't mean we aren't as 'good' of a team though.) Really nothing false, just homer fans get all in a tizzy to hear positivity about other teams and maybe a flaw or two about own team. Or when 50/50 marginal calls are god forbid implied to be in favor of the opposition oh no! It went both ways all night with the announcers, they were fine. They said Florida might not be playoff ready against tighter checking teams like us, it was a huge compliment to us. Florida fans were PISSED at that how dare they imply they are not the best ever???, and previously annoyed Rangers fans didn't even notice the compliment as they were too busy complaining about nothing. Boucher is annoying but not anti-ranger. So silly.

Edit: @nyr2k2 did take notice of the compliments apparently lol, kudos

Last edited:

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Yeah but In Haseks hart seasons he was putting up .937 when the league average was like .900, now it’s closer to .912
Yes, comparison to peers needs to be accounted for awards like Hart. Breaking Hasek's record would be awesome, but the next guy is .02 behind you it's not quite that impressive.

Reactions: Fitzy

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Yes, comparison to peers needs to be accounted for awards like Hart. Breaking Hasek's record would be awesome, but the next guy is .02 behind you it's not quite that impressive.

For sure, and Shesty is great and deserves Hart mentions, but like a lot of HF I have Hasek as basically the Gretzky/Orr of the goalie position. No one else comes close.

Reactions: nyr2k2 and romba

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah but In Haseks hart seasons he was putting up .937 when the league average was like .900, now it’s closer to .912

I feel like there's a limit of how high the average can be, so it will probably impossible to have that big of a advantage over the field nowadays.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Oh shit totally forgot I was trying to do that. Chances Are One in a Million anyway. So you say 3.5? I have absolutely no recollection of that, and he sub-story?

They said he scored all his goals from within 3.5 feet of the net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad